IV - Set You Free

Shadow's POV

I slouch in the metal chair next to the cell that holds Sonic. He fell asleep a while ago, which leaves me alone with my thoughts.

I don't know what to do, or what to feel. Who am I? I barely remember anything from my past. Also, I have felt some new feelings never felt before. A feeling of content... or joy... around... someone. I probably want to be that someone's friend. Yuck.

The first person to find me turns out to be evil and use me... at least that's what that blue hedgehog claims. I don't know that for sure.

"Mmmm..." I hear from the side as I twist my head, the ears of mine perked up. Faker was waking up.

"Good's night rest?" I question him sarcastically, receiving a groan in response.

"Of course not, this bed is so flat and thin, it's like a piece of cardboard!" Sonic complained. He sure enjoyed complaining it seems.

"It's not as bad as it could be." I groaned and attempted to close my eyes. We both hear voices down the corridor. I twist my head to see who it was. It was Rouge and and Eggman.
Faint voices were heard.

"Doesn't it seem cruel to leave the blue blur in there forever? You don't exactly have state of the art cells." Rouge inquired of Eggman as they slowly walked past the long hallway.

"Of course I am, without him the rest of the team is weak." Eggman chuckles and the pair pass by the hallway, leaving the rest of their conversation unhearable in the distance.

At hearing this, I notice Sonic slouching in the corner of the cell.

"So he really was serious about keeping me in here." He placed his chin on his knees and held his hands together in front.

"Of course he was. Eggman doesn't lie." I respond, without full faith of my statement.

"He lied to you." I hear Sonic mutter under his breath. I thought about it.

Eggman is acting evil... and this poor Sonic is being held captive by him. Not to mention he said something about an evil amusement park and conqueration. Is Sonic telling the truth?But Eggman is the closest thing I have to family. And he's the one who found me...

Minutes go by as I carefully consider the information I have.

"Ah, fuck it." I mumble as I stand up from my chair and Sonic stares at me with a confused expression. I took a quick glance at the hallway and I see nor hear no evil Eggman. I rush to Sonic's cell door and fondle the inside of the pocket on my wrist to find the key that accesses the cell.

The door is then unlocked, and Sonic peers at me wide-eyed in confusion as to why I'm letting him out.

"Come on Faker, let's leave before I change my mind." I whisper in case Eggman can hear me.

"O-okay! Do you know a good escape route?" Sonic questions me in a fighting stance. I scoff and roll my eyes.

I grab his waist from the side to pull him closer and I hear a surprised gasp from him. "Chaos Control!" I yell as I pull out a green chaos emerald. Everything warps and me and Sonic are then spawned into my cabin living room.

We stay in that position for a few more seconds until I hear Sonic. "U-uhm..." Sonic steps away and clears his throat. I hope I didn't make him uncomfortable.

"You can do chaos control with just one emerald?" He excitedly asks and I nod. "That's so cool! Wait, are we still enemies?" He gets back into a fighting stance in preparation. I shake my head and he sighs of relief.

"You know, I don't really know who you are. Are you planning on staying? Ooh! I know! You can join our team, with Tails, Ames, and Knuckles!" Sonic tapped his feet in excitement.

3RD PERSON POV

"I don't know. I usually fly solo." Shadow crossed his arms and sat on his sofa, Sonic following his actions and sitting next to him.

"Really? Is that how you did things in your past?" Sonic questioned genuinely out of curiosity. Shadow's face paled as his eyes widened. Sonic placed a worried expression on his face, feeling guilty of whatever he triggered.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know what I triggered of you, I didn't know you were sensitive of your pa-"

"No, no, it's okay." Shadow fidgeted his hands together as he stared down into his lap. "I just don't know much... of my past."

"Really? You mean you lost your memories?" Sonic inquired, scooting closer as his interest peaked.

"Yeah... but they're not completely gone. If something triggers my past, some memories will reappear." Shadow quietly spoke, a bit traumatized of the memories he had.

"So does that mean you remember some things? What do you remember? If you don't mind me asking... it's completely fine if you don't want to tell me." Sonic squinted his eyes and shook his hands in the air a bit for comfort.

Shadow let out a loud sigh before talking. "I still just met you... I'll tell you just a little bit." Sonic nodded at his response in acceptance. "Well... I remember a blonde girl, her name was Maria. She was my friend. But... she was murdered." Shadow struggled to keep his tears back.

"I'm so sorry about that, Shadow. Losing someone is hard, I know. But, I know she's looking at you right now, proud that you're still fighting, for her." Sonic flashed his assuring grin, and as goofy Shadow thought it was, he thought it was cute and comforting. He couldn't help but gift a small smile back.

"If you want to get your mind off something sad, let me take you to meet my friends!" Sonic sat up and stretched.

"I don't know... I have a feeling they don't like me. Especially that pink one, she was looking at me oddly." Shadow stood up as well and dusted himself off.

"Well that's cause you were working for Eggman at the time! I'm sure they'll love you!"

...

"Ok. Fine."

///////////////////////////////////////

A/N: so so sorry this chapter took a while to update!! I've been really busy, and right now I'm kind of in a writing mood so im hoping to pre write a few chapters!! Also, ありがとう para los comentarios y votos!