Chapter LXII.

The next day...

I let out a moan as it began to rain heavily without any warning. The weather news hadn't announced any rainfall for the day.

Fortunately, I had taken my umbrella.

Opening it, I took a glance at Tsurayuki Senryū who was getting drenched in the rain. The latter didn't carry an umbrella.

We were at the train station, about to leave on an assigned mission together.

In the mountainous region of Oguro, there were strange things happening and Master Kagami wanted us to investigate.

Heihachi wasn't accompanying us on this mission. He had been assigned another mission- his very first mission as an official member of the organization- and has been partnered up with Hatsu.

'Do you want to take shelter under my umbrella?' I offered, kindly.

'No, thank you,' the dark-haired male replied.

I didn't insist.

Tsurayuki Senryū was a gloomy person, who did not easily socialize with others. He usually appeared to be indifferent and from what I had noticed, he didn't tend to inspire confidence or boost the morale of his comrades.

Apparently, his anti-monster weapon was a Kusarigama. The Kusarigama was a traditional Japanese weapon consisting of a kama on a kusari with a fundo at the end.

Tsurayuki Senryū mastered the art of handling Kusarigama which was called Kusarigamajutsu.

As I looked up at the dull sky, I sneezed twice. 'Oh, I feel like I'm going to fall sick again,' I said to myself.

Our voyage by train was aborted mid-way to destination for the bad weather had caused a landslide that had blocked the track. But a kind old man heading in the same direction as us accepted to give us a lift in his animal-drawn cart.

'Will we reach Oguro soon?' Tsurayuki called at him after a good hour.

'Oguro? I thought that it's to Oguri that you wanted to go!'

Eh?!

Tsurayuki Senryū and I asked the man to stop the cart on the spot, and we got down from it. Oguri was a small village found in the opposite direction of where we needed to go!

'I'm sorry, young ones, I've understood Oguri,' giggled the man, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. 'The names Oguro and Oguri resembles each other! Well, good walk!'

Going back the way we had come, it took Tsurayuki Senryū and I several hours of walking through thick forest until we finally reached civilization, arriving into a village named Aoki.

We weren't very far from Oguro anymore.

Aoki was the closet village to our destination.

Since night had fallen, we decided to find ourselves a lodging in the village for the night, but to our dismay, all the inns were full.

Humping my back, I whined, 'All this bad luck, it's depressing in the long run!'

Everything seemed to be going wrong ever since morning!

'Tsk! You're just like all the others, aren't you?' Tsurayuki snapped at me, becoming upset all suddenly, causing me to flinch. 'Yes! I'm someone sinister and yet, the organization had accepted me!'

I stared at him, startled and confused.

Flinging around, he began to flounce away.

'No, wait!' I called after him when I found my voice again.