Screw This All

The chapter barely begins, and a knock on the table is already heard. When you realize, it was a stamp Pennsylvania gave on a document about Flint.

"You're being deactivated." She said, clearly annoyed.

"What." Flint said, expressionless.

"I know it is something you would never want to hear," Pennsylvania said while organizing the papers, "but due to recent occurrences, you're being deactivated, Flint." with a sad and disappointed look.

Flint remained unimpressive, and when Pennsylvania finished arranging the paperwork, she put her hands on the table and sighed.

"Starting tomorrow, you will no longer take part in naval exercises." Pennsylvania lowered her head, "You're dismissed."

After that slap in the face, Flint just saluted and left the office. On the way home, Flint said nothing and just got caught up in his own thoughts, coming home with a face of defeat, waiting for his sisters.

That same day, Sandy didn't come back home, and Flint ended up getting worried. Flint got a phone call about 2 hours before midnight. It was Porter saying that Sandy wanted to sleep in her house, Flint let out a deep sigh and gave a relieved smile.

The next day, Flint had already received documents about his deactivation and was still apprehensive about how his sisters would react. Flint spent the whole day at home doing his daily chores, and after there was nothing left to do, he just turned on the TV and watched while sitting on the couch.

As Flint watched his TV with boredom emblazoned on his face, he could hear ship horns and some cannon fire from the outside. A little shouting that, of course, were from ship girls in charge of their apprentices. He just rolled his eyes and returned to watching TV, though with a little sadness.

The day seemed really good for some battle exercises or to go to the beach, yet Flint insisted on staying home until his sisters arrived. And late in the afternoon, with the sunset, Atlanta comes home with a tired Sandy.

"I'm home!" Atlanta said.

"Welcome home." Flint answered with an unenthusiastic tone.

Atlanta was curious as to why Flint seemed so sad. She knew this wasn't like him. There was something off.

"I'm gonna put Sandy in bed," She said, "then, we'll have to talk." with a serious look on her face.

Flint did nothing but sit on the couch again and wait about 5 minutes for his sister to come back to talk to him.

"Alright." She said, approaching him and sighing. "What's the matter?"

"It's nothing." Flint answered, looking away.

"Tell me."

"It's nothing much."

"Flint. Come on."

Flint answered with silence, Atlanta just looked down in frustration.

"I got deactivated."

Atlanta widened her eyes, looking up at Flint.