4. Our Requirements

"Were you waiting for me this whole time?" I asked with my hands on my waist.

"No, I've just grown very fond of this wall. Of course I was waiting for you." Sebastian replied jokingly. "What was that about anyway, did you get detention on your first day?"

"No. Professor Sharp just wanted to ask me what it feels like being the most talented wizard in Hogwarts."

"So you came to ask me?"

He smirked and my lips pursed to one side.

"Follow me." I said "But be casual, I don't want anyone following us."

"Yesss" he celebrated in a whisper.

We started making our way through the hallway until we reached the central hall stairs. I checked over my shoulder a few times while heading to the astronomy tower, but no one seemed to notice us. At last, we stopped right in front of a large tapestry depicting a peculiar scene: a group of trolls dancing ballet, or at least trying to.

I faced the opposite wall, and waited just like I usually did. But nothing happened.

"Is this it?" Sebastian asked, looking both ways of the corridor. "Where?"

I wondered if the room wouldn't allow me to bring someone else in, or if something else would show up instead of my usual place. I had to try something else.

Instinctively, I took Sebastian's hand in mine and thought of us together in the room. He looked surprised but remained silent. Before us, the wall began to carve a series of patterns until it became a door. The entrance was ready, and without letting go of his hand, I let ourselves in.

The room looked exactly the way it used to

The room looked exactly the way it used to. A desk with a set of chairs, a brewing station that I used to work with, and even the paintings remained in the same spot where I left them. I slid my hand over the furniture, and took a moment to observe around. Sebastian walked slowly towards the center of the room, looking all around him in awe.

"This is..." he began speaking as he tried to take it all in "what is this place?"

"It's called the room of requirements. Professor Weasley showed it to me so I could practice and catch up with all my assignments. I don't fully understand how it works, but whatever I may need, the room will provide. Of course I conjured a lot of the furniture myself to make it a little more comfortable."

"Sounds most appropriate for a Hogwarts secret room. I can't believe this is all yours, I would never want to get back to my common room if I had this all to myself". He had been drawn to a bookshelf right behind a large sofa and was inspecting its content.

"It's mine just for this moment. I believe if you were to come alone, something different would be waiting for you on the other side of the door."

"This is so much better than the undercroft. Don't tell Ominis I said that."