Chapter 15

Cole was about to take the shard off its stand when a growl was heard and a black blur wiz passed them all.

"What was that?!" Jay jumped, startled.

"I can't believe it." Said a deep voice. They all looked to see a woman with short black hair. A white dress with black ends. She looked at Cole.

"The goddess of earth I presume." Zane spoke, she nodded. "What are you doing at the home of the fire shard?"

"I was trying to find all of you. Well mostly you." She said looking back over to Cole.

"Why me?" He asked her, even though he knew why he didn't want to be right. She looked at him with sadness. "No." Cole shook his head. "I had a mom! She died! You are not her!" He yelled, Abby internally cringed as she remembered the way she acted at first. She understood the stress of finding your birth family. It wasn't always an easy thing to face.

"Please Cole let me explain." She pleaded, Cole crossed his arms. "It started back when Light told us to give away our powers to human children. Well I thought that was a waste of my power so I didn't do it. I ignored it. But one day I met this guy who was so freaking annoying!! I hated him so much!! But," she smiled fondly at the memory, "I came to love him. I hated myself for it but I fell pretty hard. After awhile of being with him I had a child. I was happy. We both were. But it didn't last... I didn't willingly give um my powers... The power that was transferred into my baby was trying to leave its body and come back to me. It wouldn't except it's new host. And it was killing my child. He was dying... I didn't know what to do.... So I left. The power had to naturally settle into its new host body. It couldn't do that with me around." Tears fell from her eyes. "It's all my fault. I'm so sorry Cole." Cole too had started to cry.

"You did it for me though." Cole said looking into her eyes. "And I'm not saying that I'm not upset but.... I understand why you did it..." Earth picked up the necklace and put it around her son with a kind smile. "The shard of Fire does not belong to you but I can tell you all are doing the right thing by switching them up for now." Cole nodded and wiped his eyes. A loud growl was heard. The group turned to see the same blue beast. Jay instantly stood in a fighting stance. The blue creature attacked Earth. Earth then morphed into a similar being. Her fur was sot black and her face was very familiar to Cole. Then he realized that it was the image on his old ninja gi! The blue beast had the face of Jay's old ninja gi as well. Cole was sapped out of his thoughts when he heard a loud yelp. He saw Earth on the ground and the blue one standing a over her. Then with one swift motion the two of them disappeared.