33: Going Home

At this point, hindi na nakakagulat na sina Dom at Ava nanaman ang nanalo. After eating heartily at the buffet, they were followed by a cameraman so they can give the viewers a tour of the two VIP villas. Pagkatapos ng tour ay iniwan na sila ng cameraman. And just like that, the shoot for Celebrity Challenge is almost done. Base sa itinerary nila, they should be leaving the island after lunch the following day.

Kinaumagahan ay maaga silang ginising ng crew. They were instructed to have breakfast and dress up a bit for the "awarding" of the winner. Pero hindi na naman surprise kung sino ang winner. Everybody knew it was Dom and Ava.

Ava thought it was now the perfect time to wear her princess dress. Kaya masayang nagbihis at nag-ayos siya. She genuinely loves dressing up. Sayang at sinurrender nila ang mga cell phone nila. She really wanted to take at least a few pictures. Bago lang kasi itong dress niya. Pinabaon ito sa kanya ni Ricci.

Dom knocked on Ava's door. Alam niyang hindi magaling sa directions si Ava. And the VIP villas are a bit far from the main villa. The moment that the door opened, it's like all he saw was fabric. Lots and lots of fabric.

"Good morning, Dom!"

It took him a couple of seconds to respond. "Wow! Good morning!"

Ngumiti ng malapad si Ava. "What do you think?"

"Think?"

"About my dress."

"Well, it looks... big. I mean, pretty."

Natawa si Ava sa reaksiyon ni Dom. It's like he wasn't sure what he's looking at. Sanay na siya sa ganitong mga reaksiyon. Sa totoo lang may mga pagkakataon na sinasadya talaga niyang maging excessive. She enjoys watching other people's reactions. You could also say that she likes shocking people.

"Ahm... ready ka na ba?"

Tumango si Ava. "Kanina pa actually. I'm just not sure kung paano bumalik sa main villa."

"I thought so. Kaya pinuntahan na kita dito." Then Dom offered his hand.

Tumingin lang si Ava sa kamay ni Dom. Was she supposed to take his hand?

Dom smiled shyly at her. "I feel like I'm supposed to escort you or something."

Well, if he put it like that, of course Ava would happily indulge him. Tatanggi pa ba siya kung yung crush na mismo niya ang nagvovolunteer? So she put her hand on his arm as they walk out of the villa.

Pero nakakailang hakbang palang sila ay nabasag na agad ang ilusyon ni Ava na ine-escort siya ng kanyang Prince Charming. In reality, her big skirt was a quite tricky to maneuver. Ilang beses na muntik na siyang matapilok at madulas dahil hindi niya makita yung mismong inaapakan niya sa stone walkway. Suddenly, there was nothing romantic about Dom's gesture. It immediately became a necessity.

Just imagine that the walkway looks something like this: