Prologue

The stars shined bright in the sky  as glowflies buzzed  around, they were seen as a sign of good luck in the inkling culture. Inklexia sat on the soft straw rooftop of her house, bamboozler beside her. "What a beautiful night" she mumbled. Suddenly she started to hear something banging on Inkville's walls. "Huh?" She thought. It wasn't unknown for salmonaids to bang on Inkville's walls but this banging was... very violent. Suddenly the glowflies swarmed on one inkling. "What's going on" screamed an  inkling. Everyone climbed onto the rooftops, Inklexia's parents joined her on the rooftop. Everyone gasped in horror as the gates burst open, a stream of salmonaids rushing into the small village. Complete chaos broke out as inklings screamed and shrieked. The inkling swarmed by the glowflies cowered on his roof, the salmonaids crowding around his house. The glowflies flew away to find another target for the 'salmonaid rush' to attack. Next  they decided to swarm Inklexia, she screamed and swatted the insects away. A mob of salmonaids surrounded her house. Her father held his bamboozler and shot the salmonaids  with ink. The glowflies disappeared and then the salmonaids rushed out through the hole in Inkville's ruptured wall, leaving a broken village behind them.