Episode #22

It was way past noon before it seemed as though food might rank up there with physics on their pyramid of needs and desires. But finally they headed for the kitchen to fix a snack. While sitting there ruminating on food and physics, Maria's phone notified her of a text from Margie. All it said was, "Call me." So she put her phone on speaker and shortly Margie's voice filled the room.

"When's this honeymoon happening? Tommy and I are all set. He's telling the world tonight on the Giant's News Outlet. They upped his contract – as if we needed that – and so we're okay with that and the contractors are just about finished with remodeling the house. It looks great by the way. So we can be gone for a while. How about you two love birds? Have you got Julie's favorite program back on wheels yet?"

"We're good to go," Maria responded. "Aren't we, Roger?"

"I'm good. Just take me where they speak my language, and have electricity and running water. Oh, and they better have access to the internet."

"I'd like to go skiing," Maria bounded back into the conversation.

"That sounds great to me, how about you Tommy?"

Tommy's voice was heard for the first time. "I don't know; the Giants might frown on it."

"Tommy, you're a good skier and they don't own your soul. They haven't written a clause to that effect into your contract."

"I suppose it would be alright. I used to enjoy it when we'd all go up to Baker."

"Yeah, that was fun wasn't it?"

"It was a blast," Margie interjected. "You any good at it Maria?"

"I'll hold my own."

"Back on topic here," Roger wrestled the conversation back to Tommy's interview. "What're you telling them? Why it's okay for you and what's her name to get married?"

"Yes," Tommy bounded in angrily. "It's Margie – did you forget?" Then, "I gave them the facts as we all know them."

"The 'facts' that we admit to you mean."

"Do you know all those secrets Maria?" Margie asked.

"I do. In fact, I know the truth that supersedes the misleading facts. Roger insisted that I should know all the secrets before accepting his proposal. And, as if you didn't know, I think you two are grand – and so does Roger – if you want the truth beneath the facts."

"Yeah, but are you all ready for fireworks after Tommy tells all? You better be, 'cause it'll come," Roger insisted.

"It's fine Pop. You made the pattern for how to handle that shit."

"I assume most of the questions in the interview deal with that, right?  They'll be more sensitive about Ellie's – you mom's – death."

"Yes, but Bob understood what I told him about Margie and me; they get it. Everyone likes Margie."

Maria was back, "We're anxious to watch the interview. But back on the joint honeymoon, when are you guys wanting to do this and for how long?"

"Indeterminate," Margie responded.

"As in impossible to determine mathematically or any other way?" Roger asked sarcastically.

"No Bro, as in anything you two would like."

"What time is Baseball Today Tommy?"

"Six."

"Six? That's almost here. How long is the interview?