Chapter 9 - An Airborne Package

☾𖧷☽

"I'll take Natasha, Clint, and Alyssa

"I'll take Natasha, Clint, and Alyssa." said Steve as he grabbed his shield.

After Bruce's statement, everybody began to get ready to get to their assigned destination.

Alyssa made it clear that she wouldn't go anywhere with her father, so Steve reluctantly assigned her to come with him to Seoul.

As soon as Tony and Bruce went on their way, Steve, Clint, Natasha, and Alyssa boarded the Quinjet. The ride to Seol was quick, but they still needed longer than usual.

Clint let Steve and Alyssa out near the lab and then continued flying. Steve ordered them to stay close as he and Alyssa approached the laboratory.

It was quiet, and everyone seemed to have disappeared. They entered the labs and found one trashed and damaged. Dr. Cho was laying on the ground, her shoulder badly hurt.

"Dr. Cho!" shouted Steve, and he ran towards her immediately covering her shoulder with bandages.

"He's uploading himself into the body." she said, panting.

"Where?" asked Alyssa, observing the doctor.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just... blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark." Helen sighed, pressing down on her shoulder and looking at Steve.

"First, we have to find it." Steve answered.

"Over there." said Alyssa, motioning to a gaping hole in the concrete walls.

"Go." Helen uttered, her breathing still heavy.

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve asked, referring to Clint and Nat.

"We did." Clint replied.

"I got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest. That could be him." Natasha said, managing the screens and overlooking traffic.

Clint looked around, his brows furrowed. Down on the streets he spotted a truck, the lab logo painted on its exterior.

"There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, guys. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. You got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver." Clint stated, focusing entirely on the truck.

"No, that truck crashes, the gem could level the city." responded Alyssa as she followed Steve up a ladder.

"We need to draw out Ultron." Steve added, spying the truck heading toward them.

He readied himself before jumping off the bridge, right on top of the truck's roof.

Oh, come on. Stupid super soldier.

Taking a few steps back, she ran towards the edge and jumped.

Her hands grabbed the door handles and she steadied herself with her feet.