Chapter 7 - One last dance, the Evolving Falcon vs the Rebellious Dragon

Shun stands atop a destroyed pillar in the throne room. Between his fingers, he holds the carded form of Doktor. He looks down at the two duelists on the ground level. His eyes glare at Yuya with distaste. He leaps down from his spot, and lands before the pair. Without saying a word, he tosses the card over to Sora. "Well. That's our problem solved. Right?" Sora says nervously, feeling the tension in the room rising. "So, anyway, Yuya, how have you been..." "Hey!" Shun cuts him off, all eyes are now on him. "Yuya, where is Ruri?" Yuya looks shocked at the question, not really knowing the answer to the question. "Okay, now I'm done wasting time!" Shun forcefully grabs at Yuya's collar, pulling him close to him. "Where is my sister?!" Shun violently shakes Yuya. Sora tries to intervene, pushing his arms between the two.

"I don't know!" Yuya finally speaks up, as they are coperated. "I don't know where she is. I don't know where Yuzu is either. But listen, Zarc's returning, and we need to..." Shun cuts him off again. "Zarc?" The tension in the room rises once more, like standing in a furnace. "You're part of Zarc. Maybe I need to force the truth out of you!" With his duel disk still activated from his duel with Doktor, Shun threatens Yuya. "Wait, no. This isn't..." Before Yuya could object, he hears a voice in his ear. "Yuya. Please. Let me do this." "Yuto?" He asks in his mind. Yuya's eyes turn grey, and his voice subtly changes. Without saying another word, the two prepare themselves, activating the action field. "Duel!"

Duel

Shun 4000 LP

VS

Yuya/Yuto 4000 LP

"I summon Raid Raptors Vanishing Lanius to the field. Then, I use the effect of Retrofit Lanius. I target Vanishing, to copy its level and name. With Vanishing, I can special summon it to the field." Shun summons a pair of mechanical birds to the field.

[Vanishing LVL 4 Dark Winged Beast ATK 1300]

[Retrofit LVL 4 Dark Winged Beast ATK 800]

"Retrofit can substitute itself as two materials to Xyz summon. I overlay my two monsters to Xyz Summon! Rank 4! Raid Raptors Rise Falcon!" In a blaze of glory, Shun summons his ace monster to the field. It's fire lights the throne room as it descends.

[Rise Rank 4 Dark Winged Beast Xyz ATK 100]

"I set two cards face down and then end my turn." Shun finishes his turn, seemingly leaving his monster wide open to getting attacked. Yuto, now controlling Yuya, looks at his hand, and smiles. "My turn, draw." Shun takes notice of the voice difference. "I normal summon Phantom Knights Dusty Robe. Because I control a level 3 Phantom Knights, I can summon Silent Boots to the field." Yuto summons his two spectral monsters to the field.

[Dusty LVL 3 Dark Warrior ATK 800]

[Boots LVL 3 Dark Warrior ATK 200]

Shun looks into Yuto's eyes after seeing his monsters. He takes a step back, almost in fear. "Yuto?" His voice echoes with sorrow. "Is that you?" Yuto doesn't directly answer his friend. "I overlay my two level 3 monsters to Xyz Summon! Rank 3! Phantom Knight Break Sword!" Yuto summons his phantom horseman to the field, wielding their cursed blade.

[Break Sword Rank 3 Dark Warrior Xyz ATK 2000]

"Battle! I attack Rise Falcon with Break Sword!" The horse man charges for the bird, swinging their sword high. "Trap open! Mirror Mail. This makes our monsters attack equal."

[Rise Falcon ATK 100 - 2000]

Yuto is quick on his feet as he tries for an action card. Knowing what he's doing, Shun does the same, climbing up the torn down pillars. As they struggle for the action cards, Asuka and Battle Beast come into the throne room. "Shun, we looked everywhere but we can't..." Asuka is stopped in her tracks when she sees the duel in progress. Sora takes them to the side, showing them the Doktor card. "Tell him later." He says, trying to keep them out of the duel. "Action magic, Miracle." Yuto tries to use his spell to protect Break Sword. "Action magic, No Action! Your spell is negated." The two monsters clash anyway, and get destroyed.