19| Truth or Dare

"So the rules are pretty simple," Kelly said with a big grin on his face. "Everyone starts out with one shot."

Kelly passed around shot glasses filled with some sort of alcohol. LaMelo was too nervous about the ensuing game to ask what it was. He closed his eyes quickly and took the shot, cringing at the taste. He looked over and saw Miles clinking his shot class against Kai's before they both took their shot together.

Once everyone had taken their shot, Kelly continued with the rules.

"I'm gonna start by asking anyone around the circle, truth or dare? If you complete the challenge or confession, you take one shot. If you don't, you take two. You only get one cop-out though, so use it wisely."

That part made LaMelo nervous. What if there's something he doesn't want to do, but he already used his skip!? He looked around the group and saw that everyone else seemed okay with it.

"Okay...." Kelly looked around the circle. "James. Truth or dare?"

James Bouknight thought for a moment before giving his answer. He looked right at Kelly and confidently answered "Dare."

---

The group had been playing for about thirty minutes now, and Melo was baffled by the confessions that his drunk teammates had said.

It was LaMelo's turn again, and he was extremely nervous, especially because he already used his skip when Montrez had asked him for the name of who he was 'talking' with right now. He did not need them to know about Keone

"Truth or dare LaMelo?" J.T. asked, a smirk on his face. Melo knew this was a bad idea, but he chose dare anyway.

"You have to sit on Miles's lap for the rest of the game."

LaMelo's face dropped as everyone else lit up. He grimaced at his teammates, looking over to Miles to see his reaction. He saw Miles laugh and look down, scratching the back of his neck. He then looked up at Melo, shrugging his shoulders.

LaMelo sighed out loud and stood, walking over to Miles. He looked down at him, then froze.

The team was making jokes and cat-calling him for fun, not realizing that Melo was for real freaking out. He was glad that Miles was still tipsy.

Miles took note of his friend's behavior and decided to take action, reaching up for LaMelo's hand and pulling him down onto his lap.

"Alright, whose next?" Miles questioned, as he and Melo were getting situated. He turned Melo sideways on his lap, his left leg supporting LaMelo's back. He laid the side of LaMelo's body gently against his and rested his arm across Melo's legs. His other arm supported him around his waist.

"This good?" Miles asked LaMelo, whispering into his ear quietly. That action sent a slight shiver down LaMelo's spine, but he nodded regardless, resting his arm around Miles's shoulder.

Little did Miles and LaMelo know, Gordon had his phone out, taking a picture of the two.

The game continued with truth or dare being asked to Jalen McDaniels next.

"Dare, but I ain't sitting on nobody's lap."

He got a few laughs from the team and a fake laugh from LaMelo.

"I dare you to skinny dip in the pool," Kai said.

"Say less," Jalen said. He stood up and enthusiastically took his clothes off.

They totally expected him to cop out since it was thirty degrees outside and the pool was freezing, but to their surprise, Jalen's final layer of clothing came off.

The team was laughing and applauding Jalen as he was swinging his thing in the air before running out onto the patio and belly-flopping into the pool.

"SH*T IT'S COLD IN HERE!" Jalen yelled as he swam to the edge of the pool and climbed out.

LaMelo looked away laughing as he ran past them into the house to grab a towel.

They were all still laughing when LaMelo received a text on his phone, but he was too distracted to notice.

-
Keone

Kinda wish you were the one i'd kiss at midnight...

Can't wait to see you ❤️❤️
-

Miles saw the text but decided not to say anything about it. He couldn't help though, the feeling that rose in his stomach. His grip tightened a little on LaMelo, who absent-mindedley readjusted himself more comfortably onto Miles.

He couldn't really think in the moment. His chest hurt, and his emotions were running everywhere. Miles wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or.....

'Keone' Miles thought. He made a mental note of that name. For the rest of the game, he was pretty tuned out to the monstrosity of dares his teammates came up with.

☆☆☆
788 words