The Devil's Blood Moon- Pt.3 (Itto♡Gorou)

The 3 friends made their way to the bottom of the mountain before being turned toward the docks by a wandering shrine maiden. Apparently, they just missed the fox yokai and she was heading to Watatsumi Island for the festival.

The red oni glued his eyes to the ground and was uncharacteristically silent the whole time.
"How are you holding up, boss?" Kuki broke him out of some kind of trance.
"Oh, uh... good. Good." Itto responded, petting his biceps, refusing to make eye contact.
His mind continued to think of how he nearly hurt his best friend/Arataki gang deputy and the adorable doggy general that he would move heaven and earth for. The fact Gorou is seeing him like this (trapped in a demonic state and suppressed by a single paper talisman,) doesn't help either.
The General peered toward the ocean and pointed, "We're almost to the docks. I can see a few boats haven't set sail."
"Maybe Yae hasn't left yet. C'mon, let's hurry." Kuki leads the group in a sprint to the docks.

"Ship to Watatsumi Island! All aboard!" Hollard a buff sailor as the friends got there just in time.
"Phew. Made it." Gorou panted and paid for their transport.
Kuki asked the sailor about Yae as a presence caught the oni's attention.
He stared into the thicket of trees and bushes. A strong scent alerted him to trouble brewing. What should he do? This weird presence was making him angry again. If this thing wanted to hurt anyone, he was gonna hurt it, until Kuki stole his focus.
"C'mon. We gotta go," she said as she pulled him onto the boat.
Itto looked back, but the presence was gone. Was he just imagining it? Was it the moon? In any case, Arataki ignored it and focused on controlling himself with his buds.

"Apparently, Yae was on a ship that left 15 minutes ago. So we should be able to catch up to her before the festival begins." Kuki recapped for the 2 boys.
Itto sits his back to the mast and sighs, "You sure about that? It's getting stronger. And there's... This weird smell I keep picking up." the agitation in his voice is unmistakable.
Gorou sits beside him. "It'll be ok, Itto. Here, do you wanna try using my stress ball?" he holds up a palm-sized temari ball and hands it to the oni.
The big guy squishes the ball in his fingers a couple of times. It's more durable than he assumed at first. "Thanks, pup." Without breaking his gaze with the ball Itto half-smiled at Gorou.
Gorou smiled back, Itto watched that smile intensely as his cheeks began to warm.
"So, uh... After we take care of this... Oni curse thingy... You wanna hang out at the festival?" asks Gorou, catching the oni off guard. The pup was red in the cheeks and his tail whipped around steadily behind him.
Itto blushed like a fool. His heartbeat quickened. "uh... Y-yeah. I'd love you-THAT! I'D LOVE THAT! YEP! HA HA! NOTHING LIKE HANGING OUT WITH MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!" His face had the complexion of a Juniun chili from the embarrassment as he kept laughing it off. But the sight of him yelling, smiling, and laughing put Gorou at ease.
"There he is." Gorou breathed with a grin.

As the boat arrived at Watatsumi, the sun was nearly set and the full moon was nearly half red. The trio rushed off towards the temple through the crowded passageways.
The anonymous smell was back and it wasn't leaving Itto this time.
As soon as they got out of the crowded village they found Yae and Kokomi in a vacant field by the shrine.
"Gorou! You're early. And you brought friends." Kokomi addressed her friend.
"what's gotten your precious furry tail all knotted up? ... Mr.Arataki, is that a talisman on your head?" Yae added.
"hh... Mnhm. Now's not the time miss Yae! We need your help to stop Itto from losing control." Gorou bellowed, causing a slight echo.
Kuki adds, "It's an effect of the devil's blood moon. Cause of Itto's oni blood, it's causing him to black out into a bloodthirsty rampage. There must be something you could do."
A growl came from Itto; claws unsheathed; fangs bared. The talisman burned off from the edges as his horns and tattoos began to glow red. But he wasn't staring at the human & hybrids.

Two figures emerged from an assortment of trees. One with a single yellow oni horn glowing, plus silver dog ears and tail, while clothed in red. The other had two blue horns glowing, black-as-coal hair, and dark blue clothing. They were all itching for blood from the others.