The Ice

This was the first evening Lin had been at home at a decent time since she was told, along with the rest of the police force, that her mother would be retiring. The officers had been working nonstop to ensure that the transition of Chiefs would be as smooth as possible.

The couple had been in the living room with the radio on, sitting on opposite ends of the couch, reading and just enjoying being near one another. Lin noticed that Kya had been staring at her glass on the coffee table for some time, shifting the ice around by subtlety using her bending. Heat began rising from the base of her tan neck and slowly worked into her cheeks.

"Kya?" The earthbender asked, "Everything alright?"

The older woman's lips quirked up into a slight smirk and Lin glanced over raising a questioning brow before turning back to her newspaper when the woman didn't answer.

"How would you feel about temperature play?" Kya asked after a moment.

Lin looked up at her, giving Kya her full attention. Her lips parted just barely as she tried to process what exactly her girlfriend was asking.

"Like, um..." The earthbender questioned in return, needing confirmation they were both thinking the same thing.

"Yes, like in the bedroom. Or other places..." Kya said, her smirk widening when her girlfriend's cheeks flushed a bright pink. Lin didn't answer.

"I like to use ice on myself sometimes." The waterbender said shrugging.

The younger woman's mouth opened further as she struggled to find her words. Taking up most of her mind was the idea of Kya playing with ice, and oh Raava was it sending heat directly to Lin's core. Lin definitely needed a little 'stress relief' and her thoughts were more than enough to get her going.

Then Kya interrupted the earthbender's thoughts to share her own.

"But what I want..." She smiled, keeping eye contact with the younger woman. "I want to slide ice cubes all over your body and watch as you shiver. To see you tense under the cold and your nipples harden. The heat of your body melting my ice." Kya continued. Lin's skin flushed from her cheeks down to her neck.

"I'd, um, be willing to try." She finally managed. She could see that this was something that excited the waterbender and though she wouldn't have thought of it herself, she enjoyed experimenting with her girlfriend. "What brought this on?"

"I was just watching the ice in your glass melt." Kya responded looking toward the earthbender's drink on the table. Lin shook her head. Kya had the ability to turn pretty much anything into something sexual, a quality which definitely made for an interesting partner.

The younger woman stared over Kya's shoulder at the wall, considering what she was getting herself into. She didn't think she'd particularly like it, not typically one to enjoy the cold, but she was open to giving it a shot.

Kya grinned, getting excited by the prospect of how they might spend the rest of their evening and the younger woman gave a small smile when she saw her girlfriend's expression. Lin bit her lip at the idea as she continued to think it over, again pondering whether she'd enjoy any of this.

Now she was looking over the older woman's body, imagining what all she had done with ice, and what Kya might do to her. Kya watched Lin, admiring the pink hue that covered her partner's face. The younger woman cleared her throat before looking back up to make eye contact with her girlfriend.

"When?" Lin asked, she didn't know if Kya meant now, or if this was just something to keep in mind. The earthbender certainly wasn't opposed to trying this now, their conversation had been more than enough to turn her on.