𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

»»»~»»»

and i don't know why but with you i'll dance
in a storm in my best dress, fearless

»»»~»»»

"LO'AK, WE HAVE TO GO HOME, NOW" A'leyra whispered to the nearly asleep boy laying on her chest. He reluctantly got up, groaning in aggravation. She smiled softly at his annoyance, finding it quite funny. She pulled him up off the floor, then pulled him close. Caressing his cheek as she spoke with the most gentle tone he'd ever heard.

"I don't know how it gets better than this." She found herself staring into his golden eyes, as he did too. He took her hand and ran with her headfirst into the ocean. Getting caught by surprise, she exclaimed with a small giggle as he dragged her into the water. The two spent hours there, splashing about and cherishing this special moment.

This moment you're in now, capture it, remember it. She told herself as he tackled her into the water, laughing at her shocked expression. They stayed there until morning, lying in the sand and getting lost in each other's eyes. When it was just the two of them, it was like no one else existed but each other. 

Slowly, she got up from her position in his arms and traced her fingers on his chest, tracing every blue stripe she could see until he eventually woke up.

"Are you staring?" He spoke, eyes still closed. Making A'leyra jump back in shock.

"Have you been awake this whole time?" 

"Maybe..."

He teased her relentlessly as they walked back to their marui, hand in hand. 

»»»~»»»

"Oh eywa, how I miss it. I do love our lives now though." 

A'leyra smiled at her mate, coddling the small Na'vi baby in her arms. Lo'ak brought her into a hug, whispering comforting words in her ears.

"Mom! Dad! Look what Me'kayo and I found!" The eight year old Na'vi girl was closely followed by her younger brother. Reyka, their oldest child screamed in excitement when she saw her baby sister in her mother's arms, dropping the crystal she had found earlier. Lo'ak, being the 'mature' adult, went to pick up the crystal and kept it. Which made Me'kayo start scolding his father to give it back. A'leyra laughed at the behaviour of her family, creating a warm feeling in her heart. This really was everything she had dreamed of when she was fifteen. 

"Lo'ak, give it back to him." She couldn't help but laugh at his pouty face, clearly just trying to joke with his son. 

"A'leyra! Lo'ak! How are you guys?" Her head turned as she heard the voice of Kiri approaching them.

"Aunty Kiri! " The kids ran towards their favourite relative. Neteyam was a close second. Kiri had always been there for the kids. Babysitting them was one of her top priorities.

She was soon surrounded by her brother's children, being suffocated by their hugs.

Lo'ak and A'leyra watched them with a smile, pulling each other into a sweet kiss. They heard Kiri's teasing remark as their children followed her, making the couple roll their eyes playfully while Lo'ak flipped Kiri off.

"I brought food!" Another voice came booming from the marui behind them as Neteyam slowly emerged. For a few years, Neteyam had taken his time to heal his broken heart. Seeing his brother and his past 'mate to be' together, thriving in each other's happiness, was a hard sight. Slowly, he overcame his long term crush on A'leyra and found himself happy for his brother. Although it was hard, it was worth waking up to a bunch of smiling children greeting him happily as he played with them in the ocean.

Ateyo realised that his sister's happiness was more important than his ego, putting his past feelings behind him and starting to be happy for her. Although like Neteyam, he did spend a few months sulking in his marui, wondering when it would be his chance to fall in love. His wish had come true. His mate was a beautiful Metkayina woman who was incredibly kind and intelligent. 

Their parents, especially A'leyra's, were very skeptical at first. But after seeing the smiling faces of their children, they had given in. Of course, with grandchildren, they were more than happy now. Even though Tsan'tey was still holding a grudge against Lo'ak for stealing his only daughter's heart, making it hard for her to be Tsahik unless something happened to Neteyam.  But he was still very happy for his daughter.

A'leyra always dreamed of this life, never truly expecting it to come true. She was living her dream life, with everything she had ever hoped for. She didn't know how it could get better than this. 

"I love you. Thank you for giving me my dream." She whispered at Lo'ak, making him turn around and pull her in.

"I love you too, ma Leyra." 

He closed the gap between them and pulled her in for a long and meaningful kiss. 

»»»~»»»

cause i don't know how it gets better than this
you take my hand and drag me headfirst

fearless..

»»»~»»»

authors note:

THAT IS THE END OF FEARLESS!!!

i hope everyone who read this book enjoyed it. thank you all for 3k reads! it means so much to me. i loved writing this book, and i hope you loved reading it as much as i did. 

my next book, gorgeous | lo'ak x tsireya, is coming out in may! 

i love you all

word count: 891 words