Chapter 3: home

When my mom opened the door, I was instantly happy. It smelt like home. My mom wheels me

Into my living room when everyone screams "Welcome home Brooke!" My eyes filled with joy.

I missed everyone so much. Everyone from my school was there and a bunch of my famous

Friends.

Bella came up to greet me first.

"Thank you so much! This is amazing Bella. I love you so much."

"Anything for you."

I looked around the room to see who was here.

There were my other two best friends, Abby and Camryn.

There were a few of my guy friends.

And then there was Joey.

I've liked him since the end of 6th grade. He was just my size and had dirty blonde hair. He was

On the football and basket ball teams and he was really athletic.

"You invited Joey?!" I asked Bella smiling.

"I knew I had to." She said laughing

One of my favorite friends that's famous is Madison Pettis. She came over to talk to me as soon as she saw me.m

"Hey girly, how are you?"

"I'm good, thanks." I said laughing.

"Look, I'm having a new movie being produced and I wanted to know if you wanted to be in it?"

"I was hoping someone would ask! I thought I wouldn't be able to act any more. I miss it. I may need some time to settle down for a month or two but I'd love to be in it."

"Of course you need to relax!" She said as Joey was walking over to me.

"Is it okay if I talk to Brooke for a while?" He asked with a huge smile on his face

"Of course" Madison said as she winked and walked away.

"How are you? I've missed not seeing you at school." He asked.

My heart melted when he said that. I could've died right then and I would've been happy.

"I'm good! Well, I'm okay. Things have been hard. Not being at school and trying to get around. You know how it it."

"Yeah. I'm sorry about all of this. When your back in school I can help you with your things. Any thing you need and I'll be here for you." He said smiling.

I don't even know what my face looked like. A cross of being over joyed or smiling way too big.

I couldn't control of my self.

At the end of the night people left and my close friends stayed.

We picked out a few movies to watch and headed to the movie room.

It was about one when Joey texted me.

"Guess what(:"

"What?(:"

"Will you go out with me?"

"What..? You like me?"

I was in complete shock. I couldn't stop smiling. But who would ever like me. I was In a wheel chair. I would never be able to move, ever. I was stuck. I would alway have someone be doing everything for me.

"Yes I like you! What's not to like?"

"I'm not sure. Well for one, I'm in a wheel chair. And two, I'm paralyzed. I will never be able to move again."

"I don't care if your In a wheel chair. I've told you, I can help you with anything. Your perfect Brooke and I'd do anything to be with you<3"

I wasn't so sure. I know I like him and everything..I just felt like he would leave me because I was too much trouble. I didn't want to be hard to take care of, but I know I am.

"Yes. I'll go out with you(:"

Since we were in the same room I looked back to the couch and he was already looking at me smiling. Everyone had fallen asleep. Joey quietly got up and came to sit next to me.

We both didn't say a word, but I felt comfortable and safe next to him. He made me happy..until school started..that's when everything in my life dropped down a hill.