one bad day

(written in 2019)

     Arthur? No, that wasn't his name.
He didn't have one. He was a blank canvas, ready to be changed. And he did change — now he wasn't Arthur Fleck, a loser, a punching bag. That person didn't exist anymore, so there he was, born again as The Joker; unpredictable and absolutely insane, that every bully feared. His life became a comedy, which left him with a feeling of an uneasy satisfaction and boiling blood inside his veins. 

   When you leave your past behind you, it changes you as a person. Joker knew exactly how it feels. All it takes is a one bad day. He shot three men and since then... Nothing and no-one could stop him. It didn't matter if he killed someone important, or maybe a junkie — insanity ate him from the inside, getting rid of any moral code that he had left.

   A scream.

   Pleading for forgiveness.

   Uncontrollable sobbing.

   Society now belonged to him. Everything was society's fault; it was in a desperate need of fixing. Getting rid of few toxic people made everything just a little bit better for a while, untill Joker noticed even the most random act of something awful on the street. He was unpredictable, even to himself. So he killed. It never really stopped.

   Like dirty rats running away to the sewers, people were trying to save themselves from Joker's cruel hand of justice. Bang, bang. You're dead. You're trash, a poison. You suffocate planet Earth. You're a joke.

   This world is full of self-centred and greedy people, who don't care about anything but themselves. There's no happy ending, because it doesn't exist. We're just passing by, with a mission to suffer. God is a psychopath, who enjoys watching his little puppets cry — or at least, that's what Joker thought everyday, every time when he pulled the trigger of his gun. Blood spluttering at his face gave him a feeling of relief, as he smiled widely to himself.

  Because everything was a joke. He understood that since he became The Joker.

  Because that's life.