23.

"Alright Ant, we're gonna go bowling you sure y'all don't wanna come?" Pops asked as he grabbed the keys from the key holder.

"Nah pops I think we're gonna stay here."

"Alright, let me know how it goes. And I'm trusting you while we're away. Don't make me a grandpa with this trust I'm giving you, leaving you and Ashley here alone."

I chuckled standing to my feet walking them out. "I won't pops."

"Alright." He said, giving me a handshake.

"Aight bro, I'll see you later." Tyren said dapping me as he followed behind pops and Monica.

"Aight, have fun." I chuckled.

"Whatever." Tyren said walking away.

Closing the door behind them I locked the door walking up the stairs. I made sure everything was clean and smelling good. Hearing the doorbell ring I quickly sprayed myself with cologne before jogging down toward the front door.

"Damn." I smiled, seeing Ashley standing in the doorway.

"Hi." She smiled walking in as I stepped to the side.

"Wasup." I nodded watching her walk in.

"It's quiet, where is everyone?" She asked stepping further into the living room.

"They just left not too long ago to go bowling."

"Aw okay, that sounds fun." She said, placing her hair behind her ear.

"I guess." I shrugged sitting on the couch as she did the same.

"You look nice." I complimented, looking over her as she wore a black and white dress with black knee high boots.

"Thank you." She blushed.

"You thirsty or anything?"

"No I'm okay."

"Okay." I huffed.

"You okay Ant?"

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm good." I smiled running my hands sweaty hands down my pants.

"You're acting kinda..nervous?"

"Nah I'm good."

"I'll be right back tho."

"Uh Okay."

Jogging up the stairs I made my way into the room. I released a couple breaths. I don't know why I felt so nervous.

Grabbing the bouquet of roses and the other items I had gotten for her with the help of Monica I made my way back down the stairs.

Ashley paid me no attention as she stared at her nails.

"Hey Ash." I started, as she gave me her attention.

"What is all this?" She brightly smiled.

"Ever since I first laid eyes on you, I felt something I've never felt with any other female before. Your energy, your smile makes my day, hearing you talk is everything. I'm not really one to talk about my feelings or share things like this but I just thought I'd let you know how much you mean to me... and I'd like to also ask you to the senior prom."

"Oh my gosh." Ashley brightly smiled as tears slid down her cheeks. "That's so sweet."

"Yes I'd love to go to prom with you!"

"And I was also wondering if... you'd be my girl." I smiled opening the small box that held promise ring.

"You're the first actual girlfriend that I've ever had... well if you accept me. But if so I promise to be there for you always. And to never lie to you, and respect you and respect you. So will you be my girl?"

"Yes!! Of course!!" She smiled.

I released a breath of air as she wrapped her arms around me as we hugged.

"Thank you Ant, I wasn't expecting this."

"I know you wasn't." I smiled wrapping my arms around her.

"Thank you Ant." She smiled looking me in my eyes.

"Anything for you baby." I smiled kissing her lips.