Back To The Big Apple

The next day, after a long flight,  Lauren arrives in New York City!

Dinah helps carry the green-eyed girl's bags to her hotel room.

"It's been so long since I've been back here," Lauren smiles brightly.

"I'll say. I love New York," Dinah says.

"Dinah, I agree. There's no other city like it. Cordonia may be my home how, but I'll never forget how happy this place has made me. It feels good to be back here," Lauren says.

"Now, are you ready to go get Niall's wedding ring?" Dinah asks.

"I still can't believe he'd ask me to do it. Are you sure?" Lauren frowns.

Dinah pulls out her cell phone and presses play on a voicemail message.

"Dinah, I have an absolutely vital task for Lady Lauren to complete. As I will be busy with preparations for the wedding shower, I will simply have no time to go and pick up my wedding band before our return to Cordonia. I must insist she be the one to do it, as thanks to me for allowing her to remain present on this tour and in Camila's life. I trust you will pass along the message," Niall's voice stops booming out of the phone speaker.

"He made it pretty clear," Dinah frowns.

"Ugh... Doesn't he have better things to do than rub the wedding in my face?" Lauren rolls her eyes.

"This is Niall we're talking about... I think this is his idea of fun. Better just get it over with. And well... You'd better do it today. There won't be time after tonight's United Nations party, and the wedding shower is tomorrow," Dinah says.

"Already?" Lauren frowns.

"This end's coming up quickly. It's the wedding shower and then right back to Cordonia for the Homecoming Ball and the wedding," Dinah says.

"Wow. I hadn't realized how close it is... Camila and Niall getting married seems so... Soon. I thought we would've found Austin by how," Lauren says.

"Hey, don't worry. Rest assured that while you're ring shopping, Gandy and I will be hot on Austin's trail, calling all the fanciest clothing stores in L.A. to track him down. We'll find him, we'll clear your name, and things will be great. I've got this. Trust me," Dinah says.

"You know I do... Besides, you are uniquely qualified for the job," Lauren says.

"Really? No one's called me qualified for anything before! Unique, sure. But never qualified. I won't let you down," Dinah says, moving to the door.

"Wait... I just realized I don't even know where I need to go for the ring," Lauren says.

"Oh, right! The directions!" Dinah says. She digs into her pocket and hands Lauren a crinkled piece of paper.

Lauren unfurls the page, revealing a drawing of Dinah astride a saddled King Kong on top of the Empire State Building.

"Am I supposed to know what this means?" Lauren turns it to show her, holding back a laugh.

Dinah grabs the paper back and her cheeks flush bright red. "Can we just... Not talk about that?" She says, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.

"Hm... What do you mean? That was awesome," Lauren says.

"Really?" Dinah's eyebrows raise.

"Yeah! I wish I had a giant gorilla for a steed," Lauren says.

"He'd be a steed... And a friend. Anyway," Dinah says. She reaches into her pocket, handing Lauren another slip of paper with two addresses. "The first address is the jewelry store. The other is for a high-end boutique. David made an appointment there for the U.N. party tonight. Meet us there after you get Niall's ring," Dinah says.