Everything Is Going To Be Okay

A knock around three am while raining outside distracted Senju from her sleep. She rubbed her eyes as she wore her bunny slippers, hurriedly answered the door as she was greeted with an exhausted blond. Her eyes widened as she let him come inside, not caring a single thing even if her carpet was slowly getting soaked with the raindrops brought by Mikey's wet clothes.

Mikey hugged her with no hesitation. Senju did not mind if her clothes were getting soaked, she murmured to his ear saying he should take a shower and grab new clothes. "I'll help you," She said softly.

He nodded with the embrace, "Okay."

-

With a glass half-filled with water, Senju offered him something to drink. If anything, she knew better that the lad had been avoiding to hydrate himself and knew he would not be able to refuse if she were the one who gave him the drink. She sat beside him in bed. Soft motion of his head leaning to her shoulder as he sighed deeply. "They're haunting me again."

"That's tiring."

"It is." Mikey felt the woman's head resting on top of his. "I used to love sleeping but now I don't think I could."

She paused for a moment before responding to that statement. "Can you watch me sleep then?"

As soon as he agreed, they positioned themselves in Senju's bed. Mikey's face was near hers, his eyes focusing on her closed eyelids. At least in this way, he could feel what sleeping was like again whenever he watched her sleep. It's supposed to be peaceful, serene, and comfortable.

Her petite body was kept in close contact with him so that he could feel her little breaths. Warmth like this had made Mikey feel like he was loved. And he is always loved by his friends and family no matter what happens and that fact alone eats him alive.

They're alive so why is he reacting this way? He figured that once the timeline was reset, him and Takemichi changing the trajectory of the timelines to happen after experiencing wrenching emotions all of the same time, saving everybody's lives including their fates, and as well as preventing the same mistake to perform once again, he should have been... stable.

For all the children's stories his mother and brother told him, immortality of grief was gifted to him. His fingertips pressed Senju's forearm just to revert himself from thinking too much. His tearline was glistening and his eyes were met with a small whisper from the lass in front of him. Striking turquoise with obsidian ones.

"It's okay." She said, wrapping her arms around him. "Cry it all out."

-

He decided to pick himself a nice drink. The older woman was kind enough to let him choose before discussing things to him. Cold water was his first choice ever since Emma pointed out how dry his lips were, advising him to drink more water. Mikey sat down as he twisted the bottle cap and sipped a few from it.

"Hello, Mr. Sano. How was your week, overall?"

"It was fine," He replied as he put down the water bottle.

"That's broad." She answered. Her medical name tag, Kang Mi-rae. "Rate it out of ten?"

"A six and a half."

Mikey has been taking sessions from a wonderful therapist after a few referrals. He could recall numerous meetings from different ones that some of them could not help him due to their limited capacity to help. He is not even saying that they were bad but boy did it take him a whole month before settling to a permanent place.

His therapist was a Korean who opted to work in Japan due to various business callings and she was in her early forties. When Mikey asked her about her general information, she told him that she has two pets waiting for her at home.