Meeting Ashley

It was a dark, gloomy night as a light fog cover washed over the city streets. You were hurrying back to your hiding place, hoping to avoid the night's dangers. As you ran across the pavement, you tripped and fell face first onto the ground. You weren't injured, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt.

Y/N: Why can't I run at high speeds without face planting in the ground?

Just as you started to get up, a subtle rumbling in the ground was registered by your senses. Looking ahead into the fog, you could see a pair of brown, knee high boots coming towards you. Despite your instincts telling you to run, you couldn't bring yourself to do so. You knew that you had no chance of escaping out in the open, so you just stood there and awaited either capture or squashing.

?: Woah! What is that?

You heard a feminine voice boom from above as the boots stopped about a foot in front of you. Suddenly, a pair of hands scooped you up and lifted you swiftly into the air. When you stopped, you were brought before the face of a beautiful girl who couldn't have been any older than her early 20s. It was an intimidating experience to say the least.

Y/N: Are you gonna hurt me?

Girl: What? Absolutely not! Why would I ever do such a thing to a tiny creature… no wait, human, like you?

Y/N: It's what normal sized people are known for.

Girl: Well I'll have you know that I'm nothing like the people you're referring to.

You still felt very nervous sitting in her possession.

Ashley: Okay then, let me break the ice and explain my goals to you! My name is Ashley and I'm not gonna hurt you. I know how hard it must be to live at such a small size and I wanna help you.

Y/N: You mean you really want to help me?

Ashley: Of course, that's the right thing to do. Say, what's your name?

You told her your name.

Ashley: Well then, Y/N, why don't I take you back to my place?

Y/N: Sure, lead the way.

Ashley put you in her pocket and walked back to her living quarters along the dark lit streets. During the entire trip, you laid back into the fabric of Ashley's pocket, happy about your newfound circumstances. You had finally found safety and sanctuary from the uncaring world you lived in, under the protection of a caring individual, but you had yet to learn of an even greater sense of safety and sanctuary… one more human than any known sanctuary.