Chapter One

Donghyuck counted his last days in his dorm. He knew he'd have to reach out to the academic advisor and talk with her about his future plans. But before that, Donghyuck wanted to enjoy amenities and familiar surroundings when he still could. He didn't know where he would end up later on. However, as long as it had nothing to do with that convenience store, he was fine.

Although he was sad by the thought that he would have to leave this room and move out somewhere else for a whole year and even more, he wasn't nervous. He knew Jeno would be here with him. His boyfriend never left his side for the past few days. They still lived together as the baseball guy must've felt salty to return and see Mark.

Speaking of the senior, the latter texted Donghyuck every day. They couldn't talk on their phones as Jeno was always near, but it seemed like it was enough for Mark when he just texted.

Or so Donghyuck thought.

One day, when Jeno was out for a physical exam, Donghyuck heard a knock on the door. Thinking that it might be the annoying girl, the brunette opened the door with an irritated expression on his face. When he saw that it was Mark, it changed a little to a confused one.

"What are you doing here?" he put his confusion into words.

Mark invited himself inside, passing by the boy and reminding Donghyuck that this time, too, he must've known that he was alone.

"When are you moving out?" he asked casually.

Donghyuck tried to brush a weird feeling off. To him, it seemed like Mark stalking him to some extent. Like, how did he know that Jeno wasn't there? These two hadn't talked for almost five days.

"I should do it at the end of the month. So, there's still time," Donghyuck replied, closing the door.

The brunette noticed how Mark's eyes landed on the chair, where Jeno's clothes were. Surprisingly, the senior chuckled at the sight.

"You stole my roommate."

"Didn't mean to," the boy scoffed.

Suddenly Mark turned to him, which made Donghyuck look away. He pretend to be busy, so he went to the desk and began rearranging things. The boy didn't feel like he could just stand there and look the senior in his eyes.

Mark thought otherwise, however. He followed the younger and stood next to him, watching how Donghyuck was doing literally nothing.

"When you move out, let's keep things up. Let's text every day again."

"Okay," the brunette replied quietly.

"Answer my texts with different synonyms so that I would know you're genuine."

"Genuine?"

"If you keep replying the same "I'm fine", that's not genuine at all," Mark laughed and, unexpectedly, leaned on the desk, making it creak a little.

From this position, he could clearly see Donghyuck's expressions. The latter felt more miserable. They were so close...

"Okay, I'll do it," the boy stepped away from the desk and moved toward the chair.

He darted his eyes to Jeno's clothes, reminding himself once again that he was in a relationship. So, even if it wasn't that bad that he let Mark inside, it could be if it turns out that the senior came there with no serious matter to discuss.

Mark came to the chair too. Then suddenly, held out his hand and put it on top of Donghyuck's. The brunette was surprised that he even flinched. The senior rarely touched him and when he did, Donghyuck could only think about the incident in the dance studio.