Relation

Argos could hardly believe that she agreed. For sure he thought that his true motive would be obvious.

"But first, you need to talk with Adrien," Ladybug continued. "You need to know what he discovered."

"We don't have time. I need you to be safe."

She gave him a small smile. "I'm safe when I'm with you, aren't I?"

That made him feel worse. It used to be true, but things were very different now.

"I promise it will be quick," Ladybug continued. "You just... really need to talk to Adrien."

He blew out a puff of air and gave a curt nod. Whether Adrien liked it or not, it would be extremely quick, and then the plan would continue.

So he followed Ladybug back to the rooftop where Chat Noir was waiting for them.

"Is everything okay?" Chat Noir asked Ladybug, worried that Argos had tried something.

"Everything is great." She glanced between them. "Why don't you two go talk now. We all need to be on the same page about what's going on."

He nodded. "You go hide."

"Oh uh, actually," Argos mumbled, stepping toward them. "I was going to..."

"I'll disappear for a minute while you two talk," Ladybug interrupted. "Then I'll be back. Sound good?"

Argos exhaled. "Yes."

With a smile, Ladybug grabbed her yo-yo and swung away, leaving the two behind.

Chat Noir mentally prepared himself for an unpleasant conversation. But right as he was about to tell Argos about Amelie, he suddenly remembered an annoyingly untimely disappearance. So when he spoke, it was with a demanding tone. "First of all, what happened to you this morning? You were supposed to wait for me in my room so we could confront Gabriel together. What happened?"

It wasn't exactly an accusation, but it sure felt like one. Argos could feel himself starting to sweat. "Oh I uh, I... I really had to use the bathroom." And he really wanted to slap himself.

"You weren't in the bathroom," Chat Noir countered, crossing his arms. "I checked."

"I... was in the other bathroom. You know, the one in my old room. It was... kind of an emergency and I didn't think you would appreciate me using yours." Again, he wanted to slap himself.

Chat Noir rolled his eyes. "Well, anyway," he said, dropping his arms. "I went and confronted him."

"And? What happened?"

"He said it wasn't him."

A nod. "That's not very surprising." After a pause, Argos clapped his hands together. "Well, thanks for the update, I guess. Sorry I wasn't there with you, but it sounds like you handled it." He looked over at the scene of the attack, which was getting closer and closer. "Seems like the holders need your help. You should probably get going." Then he turned to flag down Ladybug, but got distracted when Chat Noir spoke again.

"It wasn't him."

Argos faced his cousin again. "What?"

"Gabriel wasn't the one who stole the Butterfly Miraculous."

Oh no. This couldn't be happening. Not now, when they were so close. "What are you talking about? Of course it was him."

Chat Noir shook his head. "It wasn't."

"How do you know?"

"He told me."

Now Argos felt like laughing. "And you believe him? You're kidding, right? You're actually taking his word for it?"