Ch 59 | Priorities

Y/N's POV:

The gentle brush stroke over your bottom lip almost tickles, making it hard to sit still while the makeup artist finishes up your red carpet glam. Taehyung and Ana are next to you, getting their hair and makeup done by another staff member. Neither of them have given you a good answer as to what happened earlier to make Jimin so upset.

When you asked everyone what happened, Ji-Ho and Ana just seemed confused. Taehyung shrugged and said Jimin was in a pissy mood from the start. Verbatim, he said, "I'm getting really sick of his outbursts. If he has an issue with me, he should just talk to me about it."

Not wanting to give anything away, you just decided to zip your lips. You and Jimin were originally planning to keep quiet about things, but you're starting to second guess yourself. It's true that Jimin is getting more and more reactive and emotional towards Taehyung, and it's not fair to either of them.

You're wondering if maybe things need to be out in the air not for Taehyung's sake, but for Jimin's. At this rate, he's going to lose his best friend because of his jealousy and resentment. Plus, Taehyung has Ana now. Not that she's responsible for picking up his broken pieces, but he at least has someone else to take away his attention.

But things seem to be a little weird with her too. Ana hasn't said a word to you or Taehyung since Jimin stormed out. Her expression is unreadable and she won't make eye contact with you, making you feel like she doesn't want you to ask anything.

Your nerves are messing up your stomach, but you're trying to ignore it since you're more angry than you are worried. This is a pretty bad time for Jimin to have just stormed off like that. You and him were mid-argument when his lawyer showed up, so the conversation was never finished. Now you're getting all dolled up and beautiful to attend a public event with his best friend. Someone very triggering and sensitive for Jimin.

His behavior is making it difficult for you to sympathize with him. Of course you don't want to do anything to hurt him, but he's not being fair. He dropped a bomb on you that you're still a secret from his parents, not to mention his own fucking daughter is too. Then he randomly got into a fight with Taehyung and stormed out, not even bothering to take you with him to talk.

You still have his phone so he can't even reach out to explain if he wanted to. Plus, your phone is still broken, and from the looks of things, he probably doesn't plan on calling either you or Taehyung anytime soon.

"Are you okay?" KT asks, placing his hand on your knee. After Ji-Ho and Sena left, Taehyung drove the three of you to the company to get ready for tonight.

Your heart almost skips a beat from how stunning he looks. The stylist dressed him in a brown-ish charcoal suit with a white button up underneath. His dark brown hair is pretty relaxed, laying gently over his forehead with a small part above his left eye.

You're in a similar colored long-sleeve dress that's a little tighter than you're comfortable with, but you can't deny that it's quite flattering on you

You're in a similar colored long-sleeve dress that's a little tighter than you're comfortable with, but you can't deny that it's quite flattering on you. It's elegant and extends all the way to the floor with a slit up your right thigh. The keyhole neckline doesn't leave any room for a necklace, but you did add some silver rings and your charm bracelet. Your hair is in a half updo, the top in a loose bun while the bottom has wavy curls. Once the makeup artist is done with your face, you're surprised to see virtually all of your insecurities gone.