Rest and Stress

"You tripped again." You mentioned to Louis as you leaned against the wall, listening to his heavy breathing and panting.

"What are you even doing here? Are you trying to get in my head?" Louis barked back, for being an herbivore he sure had a lot of bite to him, probably more than most carnivores.

"Of course not, what I am trying to do is convince you that going on stage with your foot like that is suicide. I know you have this image to upkeep about being above it all but you have a physical body like the rest of us. You can't keep punching yourself." You sighed as you straightened yourself and tried to get over to him. "You trusted me enough to get you some ice for it back when I first found out, you might as well let me try and help now."

Flashback

You weren't entirely sure what was going on. One thing you did know was that Louis wasn't alright. You could tell there was a problem, but what the problem was is the main issue. You sat off stage, watching the performance so far. He's sweating, and wincing... Whatever it is, it can't be good. His footsteps are lighter than normal... like he's being careful. You winced, hearing him fall. "He's going to kill himself at this rate." You started walking out on stage toward Louis as he was going the other way. This fucker is going to give me a headache. You thought as you sped up to catch up to Louis. "Louis? Louis you there?" You can hear his breathing abruptly stop. "I know you're there, heightened senses remember? You might as well tell me what's wrong." You peek over towards where you suspect him to be, making him sigh. "It's nothing, just a bit of pain." You frown, getting closer to him. "Where."

"What?"

"I said show me where! I can't help if you don't show me."

"I don't need your help."

"Yeah, so just go trip on stage again and sprain an ankle, that will help." He sighed again, making you smile. "Place my hand on it." You hold your hand out, placing it on his knee. He slowly led your hand down to his ankle, making you gasp. "You idiot! You did sprain your ankle, didn't you? Either that or you have amazing cankles." This made him groan, you laughing while you felt around the wound. "You are going to need some ice, and you can't perform. That will just make it worse." You felt his body move as if he was trying to stand up. "I can't do that. It's too important, I need to be Adler." You sigh, scratching your head. "Let me guess, you don't want anyone to know. It seems to have been hurt for a while. Maybe about two to three days, maybe longer. You definitely won't listen to me so we might as well try to make it easier. You get ready to go back on stage and I'll go get some ice. You come to find me as soon as this is over so we can ice it. That is about the best we can do."

"How do you know what to do so easily?"

"Because I'm good at hurting myself, kinda wraps up the whole package that is my life. Sprained ankles especially. Now let's get up, I'm getting uncomfortable sitting like this." You get up, holding out your hand. Louis grabs it, and you try your best to hoist him up. After a few minutes, he's back on stage and you're on a quest to find some ice

As you knelt and felt his ankle again you winced, it felt like it was burning and pulsing. "This is bad, nothing seems to be doing the trick. I highly advise that you go to the hospital. Now." You stood and held out your hand. "Let's go let someone know, We can just reschedule the show, it's not like anyone is going anywhere." You paused, waiting for him.

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"Exactly what you think, no. I will go to the hospital after the shows over tomorrow." Louis straightened himself, looking in the mirror. "I'm used to the pressure, I won't give any indication to the audience.." You smacked him on his arm, at least what you hope was his arm.