The dads

Its been maybe a week and a half since you were captured by now.

The days have been slowly becoming a bit less boring.

One, because you're slowly starting to get used to being alone and without nothing to do, and two because those moments have been slowly becoming shorter.

Visits from Pluto are still about the same length, but Roxy has started to visit you at least once a day, and Opal has actually started to visit without being dragged along by Pluto.

Plus, JJ and Gregory started to visit as well, right after the day you first met them.

They'd heard about what happened and came back as soon as they could to check if you were okay.

It warmed your heart, seeing such young people worrying about you. They already seemed to care alot.

Though Gregory said he wasn't worried, he just decided to come with JJ who wanted to check on you, but you could tell he was just as worried.

The visits can be quite a distraction, and you like that. They pull you away from your thoughts.

You aren't glad of that just because it prevents more chances of you thinking too deeply and harming yourself again.

Its now also because of your strange confusing thoughts about the captain.

You keep thinking about how he held you down.

How he carried you.

How his fingers felt over your gills.

How the sunlight shone on his face.

How he had said you were cute when you were scared when they captured you....well those may not have been the exact words, but-

No no no you're doing it again!!

You whine, burying your face in the coils of your tail, your face ablaze, a fluttering feeling in your guts.

You try to calm your fins, which stand on end and shake.

You cant possibly want to court the captain. You dont even have anything to court him with, no fish to hunt and give him (which are usually only hunted by your kind for that specific use), no shinies, no gems-

Why are you even fretting abour your lack of things to court him with?!?!

He's the one who decided that you'd be sold, for gods sake!!

But..but he's so attractive...

Why is he so attractive!

To you, his appearance rivals anything you've ever seen. More radiant than the actual sun. 

And you don't know why but how he talks about you as if you are a mindless animal, reffering to you as 'the siren' and 'it' doesn't make it any less, and rather makes it worse! Why!!

How in the fuck do you cope with this!

After a few minutes of you being deep in thought, you hear a familiar knocking on your barrel.

Oh Gods yes, that's the exact distraction you need right now.

Eagerly, you push yourself up and poke your head above the water of your bucket to see two familiar faces. JJ and Gregory.

You let out a chirp, greeting them with enthusiasm, and they giggle, each giving you a couple pats on the head, and Gregory speaking first.

"Good afternoon! Hope you weren't too bored without us!"