Origins // Prologue

By the way, do you still see it? The guidance of grace.

A pure void fades away, immediately greeted by the beautiful, luminous, golden glow through a hole in the celling. There are scrapes and bruises spread over The Tarnished. Their vagabond armor, fitted to their body, perfectly, makes their damages even more irritating. But that was the least of their concerns at the moment, their feet forces themselves up and towards a dead woman against the wall. She held something in her hand. Nothing but an odd finger. He left it, leaving the dead to rest.

The heavy door slowly creaked open, revealing an incredible sight, The Erdtree. Whispers stirred in The Tarnished's head, become the Elden Lord. Blinded by the intense shine, The Tarnished's eyes teared up. There was a comforting feeling radiating from a mere glance at The Erdtree, but there was a deep sense of retribution brewing. The Tarnished has no choice but to press forward. The path ahead was clear, they continued down the path to the left, down stairs and across a bridge. The Tarnished noticed a clearing afront them, a large statue of a woman towering the surroundings. As soon as they walked in the enclosure, they felt trapped, almost like they couldn't leave the area. 

A figure flies into the air, and lands directly in front of The Tarnished. It was a horrible amalgamation of limbs, shrouded by a large cloth, and completed with a plump young face. It was a fitting welcome to The Lands Between, almost assured death. It let out an ear-piercing shriek, instantly rupturing The Tarnished's ears. Time seemed to slow down, holding their bleeding ear, while looking down at the ground, perhaps their life was flashing before their eyes. He looked at his hands, fingers twitching and smeared with blood. The Grafted Scion raises it's swords high into the air, ready to finish off their victim. One sword swings, and in a flash, The Tarnished deflects their sword. Adrenaline pumping, they start to get confident. A sudden cold, but hot pain pierces their chest. Looking down, a golden short sword is coated in their blood, pierced completely through their chest. The Grafted Scion effortlessly plunges its second sword into The Tarnished's neck. His new life ended as quickly as it had started.