Pick her up!

Ships: Akikoha, Antoya, Akian

Summary:
Akito really wants to lift Kohane up.

{ •♡• }

"Ready Steady!" The music blared in their ears as VBS stalked across the stage in unison and struck their final pose.
The final techno "A" echoed through the music hall and the crowd erupted into applause.

"Give it up for our own: Vivid Bad Squad!" the DJ announced. The crowd cheered and the members felt the ecstasy of the room throughout their entire bodies.

An took the mic. "Thank you, everyone! You've got us pumped. Whoo!"

The crowd cheered back. Akito and Kohane high-fived as they made their way off-stage and the stage crew came on. An jumped on a grinning Toya to get him to start moving off stage. She ruffled his hair and the group moved into the darkened backstage. Akito found a corner out of the way and gave Kohane some water.

"Sorry, it just... never gets old," Toya explained.

"If you want someone to clap for you, you can perform for us anytime, Toya!" An said, wrapping her arms around his shoulder and nuzzling his cheek before letting go.

A man pushed his way through the groups waiting backstage for their time. Kohane looked up at the movement and smiled.

"Dad!" she quietly cheered, running into his arms. He swept her off her feet and held her in the air.

"Sweetpea! You were amazing." He set her down. "How was it?"

"Amazing, dad!" She clung to his side.

They proceeded to softly chatter about the five-song concert and photography. All who bore witness to this moment were hit in the daddy issues by the warm glow of their mutual support. Akito was no exception.

{ •♡• }

"Thank you, MEIKO-san," Akito said to MEIKO, blowing on the hot drink.

"Mhm!" she nodded.

They chatted about the concert they were in yesterday, An arriving and joining in midway through.

After a little, An suddenly shouted, "Just drink it already!"

"Ah! Fine!" Akito said, taking a swig. He instantly regretted it, still hot coffee singing his tongue and throat. MEIKO laughed a little at his shudder.

"Jeez, Akito-kun, you're so cat-tongued," An complained, guiding him to the faucet in the small bathroom.

Curious, MEIKO walked in after a couple of minutes to them kissing. "An. Out." She exited the bathroom. "OUT." She exited the café. "Drink," she commanded Akito. He did as told, surprised by the sudden cooler coffee, a gentle warmth that soothed his burns.

"It's better," he said, surprised.

"Really, thanks!" she replied, still annoyed. "I threw it in the fridge for a little."

"So, uh, anyways... Our last song of the night was 'Ready Steady.' Toya really gave the bass part that extra smoothness and Azusawa brought the power after the beat drop. It was some really good contrast, man--" he looked at MEIKO'S raised eyebrow *cough* "ma'am.

"Then, afterwards, Azusawa's dad came backstage to see her. They're sickingly sweet." Akito gripped his coffee. "Not only did he come, he was so proud of her he swept her off her feet as soon as she ran into his arms." He drank some more of his coffee, a latte, the creamy flavor making him smile. MEIKO'S eyes softened a little. "I wish I could show her how proud I am of how far she's come..." he said to the table, wistfully.