chapter six

Mention of blood

SEPTEMBER 4TH

Bruce woke up at his typical time, they had a new employee, daisy, and it was Tuesday so he had a lot to do.

He got ready, threw on his messenger bag, and walked out the door.

He shook hands with the nice elderly people who walked by, he said hey to kids from school, complemented the skaters and petted the stray cats and one new street dog.

He got to work and flipped the sign to "we're open!" and he sat down on the spinny chair.

He was reading a book until he saw daisy waving someone in a car off, she was only fiveteen so of course she took the bus or got driven there, she lived in another neighborhood.

"Hey Bruce." She smiled and he greeted her back, she had long brown hair and brown eyes, black glasses that framed her face in the right way, she had freckles and naturally pink lips, she had a birthmark on her forehead Wich she covered with bangs. She was skinny, an hourglass figure to be exact. She wore an oversized button up, looked like a hand me down from her father, as her work uniform. She had baggy washed and bleached jeans and a tight dark green Tanktop with lots of jewelry.

"So I'm going to be training you today, you'll be stocking shelf's and making sure customers don't steal." Bruce got up and put his hands in his pockets.
"So security and shit? Sweet." The brown skined girl smiled and Bruce laughed at her reaction.

He showed her where what went and some tips and tricks he'd learnt over the weeks he'd been working there.

"Hey Bruce, thanks for not being a jerk, you know I'm the new black girl in town so it's difficult making friends or finding people i can just talk with." She got off the latter and he looked at her with an uncertain expression.

"Hey, that makes us two. I remember when i moved here five years ago everyone thought I was a weird asian stereotype. But no need to thank me, freaks stick with each other." He put his hands out and nodded to them.
"Yeah, freaks stick together." She put her hands in his and they laughed.
(That's such a Disney moment omfg)

Bruce sat down in his chair and daisy leaned over the counter, talking to him and cracking jokes. He eventually found out that daisy was a lesbian, Wich relieved him as he wasn't the only homo in this town.

They heard the bell and they looked over, seeing Vance and a girl?
Bruce got a stomach ache and he was kind of jealous.

"Just hurry up, once you buy your stuff i get to spend the change on pinball." A girl around Vance's age nodded and went off snack hunting.

"Vance!" Bruce yelled his name and when he looked over he signaled him over.
"What's up?" He looked at Bruce and then at Daisy.
"This is daisy, she's the new security slash shelf stocker person." He didn't know the word and Vance laughed.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Vance." He shook hands with daisy and they got to talking, turns out they both like pinball and violence.

"Well don't worry about me beating your Highscore, I've got my own pinball machine at home." She laughed and he stood up straight.
"Holy shit no way! Thoes things cost a billion bucks!" He was mesmerized.
"Yeah well i found one in the dumpster behind an old arcade and i brought it home, fixed it up and boom." Vance asked her about her fixing things up and he found out she's quite the cool chick.

"So who's the girl?" Bruce nodded over to the girl flipping through magazines.
"Oh that's Maggie, she's beat friends with Sophie and i wanted to play pinball and she wanted chips so you know." He shrugged and Bruce's stomach ache went away, he was Hally Vance wasn't taken.