chapter seven

Mention of sh and relapse

SEPTEMBER 5TH

Bruce was in the car listening to his walkman as his mother and Amy spoke to each other.

Bruce leaned on his palm and looked out the window, watching nature pass them as they drove.

He was dreading walking into the mall, because as soon as he did he'd be seeing posters in bright colors says "back to school!" And "school supplies 40% off!" So on so on.

He was sick and tired of seeing that, i mean what 19 year old wants to see a 7 year old smiling while holding a pack of crayola markers? Because he sure didn't.

He felt someone ruffle his hair from behind him and he turned around to see Eric.

"Hey, you gonna go bra shopping for your boyfriend?" He teased.
"You gonna go looking for a personality?" Bruce rolled his eyes and turned backa around, turning up the volume on his music.

around two minutes later he felt some flick his head, he turned around again and this time shuji was leaning towards him.
"Hey, so is he your boyfriend?" He whispered and Bruce shrugged.
"I don't know. We made out yesterday." Shuji gasped and Bruce turned back around, his leg started shaking and Eric and Loki wanted to know what he said.

"Boys stop moving so much back there you're shaking the van!" Misses yamada yelled and they all sat down.
"So shuji, you meeting your girlfriend?" His mother looked at hin though the rearveiw mirror.

"Yeah, and i bet Bruce is going to meet his bo-" Eric's mouth was muffled by Loki.
"Bruce wanted to meet up with his best friend, Vance. Isn't that right Bruce?" Loki looked at him and let his hand off Eric's mouth after Eric liked him.

"Yeah mom, I'll meet him." Bruce's mom nodded and kept talking about school stuff with Amy.

"Can i get a haircut?" Amy asked and her mother asked why.
"Well, it gets so hard to maintain in the winter because it gets so dry, and i just want something new, new school year new me." Misses yamada said that while she's buying notebooks and school supplies she could have $50 and get a haircut.

She said nothing past the ears.

"Okay! We're here!" Bruce cursed to himself as he got out the car, leaving his walkman behind.

"So Bruce what do you need?" His mother asked putting her car keys in her purse.
"Oh, i was just going to get mechanical pencils." Eric, shuji and Loki were going to hang out with their friends and shuji's girlfriend.

"Okay Amy, here's $50, go get a haircut." Her mother sighed as she knew any would come back without the thing she liked most about her.
"Thanks mom!" She jumped in excitement and ran to the barber.
"Then there were two." Bruce whispered and walked with his mother into a supplies store.

"Mom, I've got to use the bathroom real quick." He excused himself and walked out the store, instead of turning left to go to the restrooms he made sure his mother wasn't looking and ran to the right.

He got a quarter out of his back pocket and put in the payphone's slot.
He dialed the grab n go's number and it rung, he crossed his fingers someone would answer.
"Hello, this is grab n go! Who am i speaking to?" Daisy chirped.

"Daisy! Oh my god yes! Is Vance there?" He tapped his foot anxiously.
"Uh yeah, he's playing pinball, why?"
"I need to talk to him."
"Yeah yeah wait a sec." She groaned and Bruce imagined her rolling her eyes.

She put her hand over the microphone and shouted his name.

"Vance!" She yelled for the forth time.
"What the fuck do you want!?" He lost on purpose so he could walk up to the counter.
"Bruce needs to talk to you." He went from angry to exited in a second and went behind the counter.