Bronze Age

The Bronze Age was the age in which bronze was the most advanced (or at least widespread) tool in existence at the time. The Mesopotamian Bronze Age started in 2900 BCE, while the Aegean Bronze Age started in 3000 BCE, while the Egyptian Bronze Age started in 3150 BCE.

The Aegean Bronze Age (3000 BC) was located mostly in Greece, though other areas near the Aegean Sea were included. Historians classified the swords here in different types, and these types are A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H, And Naue II types, as well as scattered other swords.

Type A
One of the earliest types of Aegean swords were type A swords. These swords could be a meter long, either flat short tangs with one rivet hole, or longer tangs with several rivet holes. The shoulder is rounded and un-flanged, and two rivets are placed in the upper part of the blade. The grip of these swords was made of wood or ivory sometimes decorated with gold applications
Type B
Another early sword, type B swords were shorter and had several rivets in the tang, which is sometimes flanged. The ridge was usually larger and higher than type A sword ridges, and the swords measured from 40-60 cm.
Type C
The C Type swords are an improvement evolution of the A Type and B Type. These swords would usually have a thin qblade with a high center rib, and could be from 60-90 cm long. There have been demonstrations with replicas of these swords to show they are effective at thrusting and chopping.
Type D
The D Type swords also known as "cross swords" have rounded lobe shoulder. first group have a thin blade with a well raised round section rib. Both the shoulder and the tang are flanged. The tang extension for pommel fixation it is instead not flanged.