Chapter 1

"Selkath?" Hiccup asked, his eyes widening and his posture straightening.

He let go of Elsa's hand and walked closer to Gobber.

"They're on dragons." Gobber said, his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. "Not too far from here, but they're coming."

"Dragons?" Hiccup asked. "I thought they were against them. Why would they have dragons?"

"They have some in captivity." Gobber replied, standing up straighter. "I saw them before I came here."

"Why didn't you mention it?" Hiccup asked, his voice getting a little louder. "We could've done something to stop this!"

"I didn't want to ruin the moment." Gobber said. "Plus, how was I supposed to know what they planned on doing with 'em?"

Hiccup opened his mouth to speak, but tightly closed his eyes choosing to hold his tongue, then turned his head away from the Viking.

"Sorry lad." Gobber said.

"It's okay, Gobber." Hiccup said, releasing his breath.

Hiccup turned back to Elsa who was standing with a worried expression on her face.

"Remember the tribe I was telling you about?" Hiccup asked, walking back over to her. "Selkath?"

She nodded.

"They're on their way here." Hiccup continued. "We have little time to make sure everyone in Arendelle is inside their homes, you guys included."

"What about you?" Elsa asked, her face showing more fear.

"I'll spread the word around town." Hiccup said. "Get Anna and Kristoff to safety. Lock the gates and every door that leads outside."

He turned to run towards the town, but Elsa grabbed his hand stopping him and causing him to turn back to her.

"Don't go." She pleaded, her eyes slowly filling with tears.

"Hey, I'll be okay." He said, pulling her into a hug. "It's not my first battle."

"I thought we said no more battles." Elsa said softly, her head snug in his neck. "No more war."

"This one can't be avoided." Hiccup said, pulling back and looking down at her. "Ulf will stop at nothing to have his way."

Elsa turned her head towards the ground.

"I'll be okay." He said, lifting her gaze back towards his.

"But what if you won't?" Elsa asked, a single tear falling from her eye.

"I'm a Viking." Hiccup said, a slight smile forming across his face. "It's an occupational hazard."

He leaned in a gently kissed her, then pulled away and placed his forehead on hers.

He began to walk backwards away from her, their hands slowly separating until he was running towards the town. Gobber followed behind him.

Elsa watched as the two ran away, their dragons flying in the sky above to keep a lookout for Ulf and his henchmen.

She took a deep breath as she wiped her tears, then turned to face Anna and Kristoff who were still standing and waiting for answers as to what was happening.

Elsa walked quickly towards them.

"Get inside the castle." She said, turning Anna and Kristoff towards the doors while still looking around nervously.

"What's going on?" Anna asked, still with the same attitude from earlier.

"I'll explain when we get inside." Elsa replied, basically pushing them towards the castle.