Chapter 4

"I'm not going to kill you." Ulf said, his hand around Hiccup's back.

Hiccup was staring at the ground, avoiding the Chief's gaze.

"But you knew that." Ulf continued. "Take a look around."

He gestured to his burning village.

Hiccup looked around, not wanting to upset him any more than he already was.

"That dumb blonde? She did this." Ulf stated. "She set fire to my village, killed my men, everything was her."

Hiccup looked back towards the ground.

"She's worse than you." Ulf said. "I mean, you've never burned down an entire village. Maybe a few houses here and there, possibly killed over two dozen people, but nothing much."

Hiccup remained silent and still.

Ulf was merely telling him things he already knew. There was no point in listening.

"She takes the cake." Ulf finished.

"The only person taking cake here is me." A voice said behind him.

Hiccup and Ulf turned towards the voice and there stood Gobber, Toothless on his side.

Hiccup's eyes widened when he saw Toothless. It had been months since he saw him last.

He wanted to run over and hug him, but he didn't want to upset the now fuming Chief even more.

"But that's an obvious fact." Gobber continued. "Look at me! I could eat cake all day if I could."

"What are you some sort of comedian?" Ulf asked, his voice showing his annoyance.

"Eh, that gig didn't work out." Gobber said.

"I chose professional ass-kicking instead."

With those words, he lunged at Ulf, his axe placed right in front of his body.

Ulf barely missed Gobber's swing, only getting a small cut on his arm.

"Get him!" Ulf said, looking at Hiccup.

Hiccup hesitated, but moved towards Gobber, taking out his sword.

He lost the inferno sword in Arendelle before he left, so using a real, heavy one was a challenge for him.

Ulf ran towards the main building to grab his henchmen, leaving Hiccup and Gobber behind.

They were now fighting with their weapons, each one not even getting close enough for impact.

By Hiccup's reaction, Gobber could tell he didn't want to do this, so he used that to his advantage and began to do what he did best.

Speak.

"This isn't you." Gobber said, moving out of the way of the King's swing.

Hiccup didn't reply.

"I know I shouldn't be here," Gobber began, still dodging. "But we need you back in Arendelle."

Hiccup gave no response.

"Elsa came all this way to save you." Gobber continued. "I went against her word and followed her because I knew you were still alive."

Hiccup grunted in frustration.

Gobber could tell his words were getting to his head, but his fear of Ulf was overpowering them.

"I have a plan." Gobber said, swinging his axe. "When he gets back, I'll pretend to knockout. Then, you can distract him while I get up and kill him."

"I want to kill him." Hiccup said, breaking his silence.