Chapter 3

Hiccup was on the ground.

He couldn't stop thinking about what Ulf confessed earlier.

He felt weak. Weaker than he had ever been before.

He wanted Elsa. He needed her to calm him down, to let him know that everything would be okay, but she wasn't there.

She was probably enjoying her life without war in the place he used to call home.

At this point, Hiccup gave up on trying to escape. He would listen to the Selkath's and go into battle with his allied tribe.

Because he didn't see an end to this situation, he decided on a plan to get himself out of it.

When they went to the Beowolf tribe's village, he would do what he had to do, but when the time came to tame the biggest dragon they had, he would put himself in danger.

His plan was to let himself be killed. It was the only way he could silence the war in his mind.

It was hypocritical, but none of it mattered anymore.

To him, he was already dead.

"She's here?" Ulf asked. "It's about time."

"I followed her when she finally decided to leave that stupid Kingdom." Lemi said. "She's unconscious right now, but she should wake up in due time."

"This is perfect." Ulf said. "We were just about to raid the Beowolf tribe tomorrow and Hiccup just found out some 'devastating news'." He used finger quotes.

"So what do you want me to do?" Lemi asked.

"Bring her to the main building." Ulf said, turning towards the building he was talking about. "I have big plans."

Ulf opened the door and walked in to see Hiccup who was still sitting on the ground, his head hung low once again.

"How's it going in here?"
He asked, faking a cheerful voice.

Hiccup turned his head up to look at him, his eyes answering Ulf's question.

"Perfect." Ulf said with a grin. "I have a little surprise for you."

Hiccup's face remained still, not showing any reaction to Ulf's sentence.

Any surprise that came from this man wasn't a good one. Hiccup didn't believe in good surprises anymore.

"I'm sure she'll have to excuse your appearance, it's gotten quite worse since the last time she saw you." Ulf continued.

Hiccup stayed motionless. At this point, he was blocking the evil man out.

"She'd be excited to see you." Ulf said, stopping his menacing pacing. "But she's not awake for it yet."

After he said those words, the door opened.

Lemi walked in with Elsa in his arms, limp and still unconscious.

Hiccup looked in the direction of the commotion and when he saw who it was, his eyes widened and he stood up as fast as his weak body let him.

"Elsa?" He asked loudly. "Oh gods, what is she doing here?"

Hiccup turned his gaze to Ulf and narrowed his eyes.

"What did you do to her?" He asked, trying to fight his way out of his shackles.

"I didn't do anything." Ulf replied with a grin. "She came here herself. Luckily the Arendelle blacksmith was able to bring her here to this very building."

"My name is Lemi." Lemi stated.

"I don't care what your name is." Ulf scowled. "Tie her up on that pole over there."