Chapter 17: No Mana

——————————————————

It was the next day. And Karo was teaching Lucius the basics about casting a spell. And they went outside just in case something happens...You never know.

"In order for you to cast a simple wind magic, you have to recite a spell while also concentrating your mana into the palm of your hand."

Lucius had no idea how to do that. "...Uh okay...." Lucius brought his hand forwards and closed his eyes.

He tightened his core and started making some sounds. Like you were in a toilet pooping. "Hnghhhh!!!!!" Lucius' face turned red because he forgot to breathe.

Karo snorted but he covered it with a cough. "Ahem!......You have many things you did wrong. Also you can stop now."

Lucius exhaled. "Geez this is harder than I expected.."

Karo nodded with a smile. He obviously knows that Lucius has no mana, yet he tries to make Lucius do a spell. Karo was just curious, and he wanted to help Lucius fix his problem without his knowledge, because he thought that if he told the truth. The young boy would be shocked to hear that. And would be devastated.

He wont tbh.

Karo pondered while rubbing his chin. "Maybe the problem is that, you don't know what mana is"

"But you just taught me what mana is yesterday..."

"No no, I did not mean that. What I meant is that...You do not know how it feels, and how it works through your body, you don't know it personally."

Lucius deadpanned at the elf. "Uh okayyyy...?"

Karo went beside Lucius and opened his palm. "Let me demonstrate it for you" he closed his eyes and started concentrating. A green light then appeared in Karo's palm and it started scattering around the place. "This is my mana"

Lucius' eyes sparkled. "Wow...Its so beautiful..."

Karo smiled. He then closed his palm and the green light disappeared. "Do you wanna know how I was able to do that?"

"Yeah! Yeah!!"

Karo kneeled and brought his index finger to Lucius' core. "You have to close your eyes and feel your mana inside your body. You have to relax and concentrate. Follow my mana to your core okay?"

Lucius felt his hand being held as he nodded. "Okay." He then closes his eyes.

"Then let us start." Karo also closes his eyes. He brought his mana to Lucius' palm. Then he slowly move it up to his arms, then to his shoulders, next to his chest, then his mana arrived in Lucius' core.

Lucius felt Karo's mana. But thats about it! He doesn't feel his own mana at all! "Karo, I don't feel my mana.."

Karo opened his eyes and lets go of Lucius' hand. "Hum..." he hummed thoughtfully. While Lucius touched his stomach with a frowny face.

'..I guess I was expecting this...Original Lucius actually doesn't have any mana, which caused him to be even more jealous of the Heroine who had plenty of it.' Lucius sighed. 'But here I thought it would be different since I'm not the original one'

Karo saw Lucius' "sad" face. He doesn't know how to break the news to Lucius...He wanted to find another solution to help the boy. "Well...Don't worry, we can always try again."

"For the mean time. I will teach you how to use Aura Weapons." Karo gently smiled at the "sad" Lucius.

"Aura Weapons?" Lucius hummed. 'Hey, isn't that the weapons where you dont have to use mana? You only have to use your aura in it' Lucius brightened up when he realized what Karo was doing. 'Karo! And here I thought you were a cold hearted elf! I will remember this forever!!' He looked at Karo with sparkling eyes.