Chapter 31: Everything is just the Beginning

------------------

Father Decimus ordered his most trusted investigators to find out about the strange presence, he never let his guard down and even made Karo check up on everyone inside the Palace to see if they were possessed by that person.

When Karo found nothing, Father Decimus did not stop the investigation. That person was really dangerous....They could come in and out of the palace without being detected by the Guards. That person should never be underestimated....

And so, Father Decimus hired more shadow guards to protect Lucius from danger. After everything was settled, Father Decimus went back to the ballroom to celebrate his son's 8th birthday.

Many nobles were invited, he deliberately did this to remind the nobles that Lucius is under his protection. And to dispel the unwanted rumors surrounding his son.

Father Decimus made his presence known, and all the attention was on him. "Thank you all for attending my son's birthday. He has been a sick child since he was young, and so I never had the chance to celebrate his birthday publicly..."

Father Decimus knows that this wasn't the truth....He knows what he's saying was just a cover-up from the neglect he did to Lucius....But, he had no choice. He wanted to protect Lucius, and so by doing this will make them see that he cares about his son, and they won't dare to think of bullying and mocking his son.

And...Father Decimus also wanted to mend their relationship. That is why he needs to work hard to get back in Lucius' life.

But Lucius in the other hand....Was happily eating cake. 'Wow! Such a grand birthday party. Never thought we'd be celebrating MY birthday!....But the food is great!'

Lucius had no idea what Father Decimus just did. So when all the nobles treated him too overly nice, he became creeped out by how fake they sounded.

"Big brotherrrr!~ Happy birthday! Heres my gift for youu!" Spuria handed the gift to Lucius with a proud look on her face.

"...Woww...." Lucius curiously looked at the tightly wrapped gift. It felt so....Heavy?

"Hehehe! Open it! Come on, hurry hurry!"

"Okay okay, I'll open it" Lucius sighed helplessly with an amused look as he started to open his gift, and when he finally did he looked on with a dumbfounded look.

While little Spuria was smirking proudly. "I picked all these beautiful rocks from a lake! These rocks reminded me of you big brother! Beautiful!"

"...Wow.....Thank you..." Lucius, felt so touched. He smiled happily at Spuria as he stroked her head. "...I'll treasure all these rocks! Thank you Little Spuria!"

"Hehehe~ you're welcomeeee!"

"My turn." Servius pushed Spuria away as he casually tossed the gift to Lucius. "I didn't know what you wanted, so I gifted you a straw doll."

"Servius made it himself~" Cloelia chuckled and Servius blushed in embarrassment when he was found out.

"Wow....Servius you did that for me...?"

"It ain't a big deal! It's just a straw doll!"

Lucius felt even more touched, that's because Servius seemed to hate his guts. So him personally making the straw doll was a big surprise for Lucius. Lucius looked down at the straw doll, it was a bit crooked and messy looking. But Lucius was happy when he finally realized that his relationship with Servius isn't all dislike....He doesn't know why Servius acts like that towards him though, maybe he's a tsundere?

"I-I couldn't pick out anything perfect for Brother Lucius....I realized that the things inside the shop will not suit you at all...And so..." Icillia grabbed a bouquet of flowers. It was arranged very beautifully, and the colors matched well with Lucius. "And so I decided to give you something that I personally think will suit you!"