Chapter Two

𝘽𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙃𝘿𝘼𝙔 𝙐𝙋𝘿𝘼𝙏𝙀. Happy Birthday LailaLiu🥳🎂

Ever since Jaemin came to see Donghyuck, things drastically changed between them. Jaemin texted the brunette the next day and continued talking about things they missed. Not long after that, actually, the following day, Renjun texted their group chat, and that was the time Donghyuck knew that he got his friends back.

They only shortly discussed what separated them. However, Renjun had a twenty-minute monologue about how hard it was to balance the two. It seemed like he felt the need to justify his actions to both, Jaemin and Donghyuck. And he succeeded since he wasn't that deeply involved and just tried to keep them all together. After his monologue, Jaemin and Donghyuck said their words too. It only reinforced the relationship that was close to becoming a friendship again.

Joining a video call, they had a great time, sharing what they did during Christmas. Since Donghyuck's were boring and too personal, he skipped and listened to Renjun and Jaemin instead. These two were very enthusiastic when telling their stories, but were more eager to listen to one another even though they had already heard them. Donghyuck now knew that Jaemin was right. There was something about Renjun's actions that made his interest in Jaemin obvious.

"You forgot to tell Donghyuck about your cousin's friend," Renjun said, forcing a laugh.

"Oh, the one who stuck to me all evening, recognizing me as gay. Uh, that creepy kid," Jaemin rolled his eyes. "That's totally nothing, though."

"No, tell Donghyuck," Renjun weirdly encouraged.

"Why?"

"He has to know everything."

There was nothing to know, however. One kid just stuck to Jaemin as he wanted to have fun on a sleepover or something. Jaemin categorically said no, and it ended simply as this. But it seemed to Renjun it was a really big deal.

Apart from that, the three got into such a good mood that they arranged an online movie night-all because they were in different places. Donghyuck and Jaemin were staying in dorms but in different locations. Renjun was at home. The only way to do something together was to use the power of technology!

So, they watched the movie with only a few distractions. Renjun's cousins kept coming into his room which ruined the experience as they had to pause. To Donghyuck's disappointment, Jeno was by his side most of the time, and when he finally left, Mark started flooding his phone with useless texts, to which the brunette just briefly replied, "Okay" and didn't even read that.

Only when they had a little bathroom break did Donghyuck yawn in boredom and thought about reading the texts. Just as he did, his blood ran cold.

I can't do it anymore. I can't control myself.

Gosh, I've been writing poems about you. Even though I haven't seen you only for two days. My inspiration comes from longing for you. I really want to see you. I really want to hear your voice. Reading your texts isn't enough, even when you use synonyms.

I thought about it a lot, and I think I made the best decision. It's really hard for me to live like this.

Don't worry. You'll soon find out.

The worst thing was that Donghyuck texted "Okay" to this, accepting what seemed like a suicide letter!

Sitting up straight, almost dropping the laptop on the floor, with sweaty fingers and a blank mind, Donghyuck tried to form a text. He wrote in short sentences, begging Mark to give him a sign that he was fine and still there. But to his utter dismay, the last time the senior was online was eighteen minutes.