Epilogue (Short)

( One Year After "The Incident" )

First Person POV - Devoun
I walked down the streets, surveying the now-overgrown houses and buildings. Close friends and competitors used to live in those houses. I'm still in a bit of shock from all that, even a whole year later.

I used to joke along with them, play games with them, amongst many other things. But now...now most have fallen, their lives lost to those two horrible people. Two people I found hard to forgive, even if one was Bella's brother, and he was sorry. Honestly, I know it's not a good thought, but I'm kind of glad Russo died.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. Every time I think about the incident that occurred last year—in 2023–it causes my heart to begin rapidly pounding, experiencing the fear and terror all over again. But it's all over now; I survived—even if it came with a heavy price.

I paused where I was standing to just take a moment to breathe, to relax, to try to forget. I don't want to remember the blood, the death, the guilt, the betrayals.

I kind of wish PinkLeaf had died alongside Russo. Even though I know these thoughts are wrong, I can't prevent them from popping into my mind every so often. But the truth is, without any help, Russo's plans wouldn't have succeeded. It became difficult for me to go near—or even look at—PinkLeaf without all the memories crashing into me, even though I know it's not entirely his fault.

But...I think things will be okay now. Everything will go back to normal again.

...I hope...
__________________________________________________________________

"Welcome to RB Battles Season 4!"

"We are your hosts, Devoun, IBella, PinkLeaf, and KonekoKitten!"

"Competitors, prepare to—"

( - CRASH! - )

"What was that noise?!"

"What's going on??"

"...PinkLeaf? What're you doing—?"

"I'M BACK."

"Wh-what—? N-NO! STOP!"

:)
__________________________________________________________________

I'm not promising a second book to this. But if I ever do write a second book to this, it'll be a continuation of the Epilogue, aka this part.

Fun fact: I originally planned for Lego to survive. I even had his name listed as one of the new RBBS4 hosts instead of Koneko. But uh, then I killed him off because I forgot that I'd written down that he'd survive. wHoOpS—

Fun fact 2: I wrote the entire epilogue on paper first, then typed it on here (with a few minor changes, of course).

Well, that's the end of this book!

See you in the next story!

Word count: 428 words.