Chapter One

A new story, completely different from my other fic (will continue to update that one of course)
Many warnings for abuse, selfharm during the whole story. At the beginning of each chapter i'll give some TW of ehat to expect.

AU is post season 26 but in my fic both Nikki and Jack are 39, plus side to creating your own story is that i can give them another age and make it my own.

TW for traumatic character
—————

Nikki was sitting at her desk typing up a post mortem report. Every so often she took a bite from her granola bar that was in front of her on the desk.

She was in her own world, like always, when she was working on a report. She needed to fully focus while writing and no one dared to disturb her when she was in full work mode.

Everytime she took a small bite from her granola bar she looked at the occupied desk in front of her. Jack was also in his own world typing on his computer. He hadn't noticed her eyes glancing at him every so often.

"Dr. Alexander?" Called a voice from behind Nikki.

Nikki didn't hear him as she kept typing on her computer. Jack looked up snapping back to reality as soon as he heard the voice. He looked at Nikki and chuckled to himself.

"Uhm Dr. Alexander?"

Nikki's eyes went from her computer to Jack's, snapping her back into reality. "Did you say something?" She spoke disorientated.

Jack chuckled and shook his head, pointing to the doorframe with his index finger.

Nikki turned her head around and saw Velvy standing there with a polite smile. "Sorry Velvy, you were saying?"

"I only called your name," Velvy began. "But I was calling you to tell you there is someone to see you."

"See me? Who is it?" Nikki asked curiously surprised.

"I don't know, it's a girl. She looks kinda tired and has red eyes. She was scared and only asked if you worked here. When I said you did, she asked me to get you."

Nikki's mouth flew open in confusion, she looked at Jack who had the same expression on his face. "Expecting someone?"

"Does this look like the face of someone who is expecting a visitor?"

"Touché," Jack clicked his tongue and gestured to her with his hand to stand up. "Go look."

Nikki nodded and stood up from her chair. She fixed her skirt whilst walking to the hallway and stood next to Velvy. She saw the girl standing in the lounge area behind the glass door, but could only see the back of her.

As soon as she turned round, Nikki's mouth flew open in shock. "This can't be real."

"What's wrong Nik?" Jack asked worriedly. He stood up and made his way towards Vevly and Nikki. He poked his head around the corner and looked at the girl who was now standing sideways.

She had blonde/brown curls, similar to Nikki, but the girls hair was longer. She looked seventeen, nineteen tops.  "Who is she?"

"It can't be." Nikki said again. Jack looked at her face, her mouth was still open but tears began to form in her eyes. She knew her, she knew that girl standing there and Nikki was in shock.

"Nik, hey." Jack tried to get her attention but failed. He wanted to wrap her in his arms, but they had strict rules at work. Everyone knew, well everyone had found out before they had chance to tell the team. "Who's that?"

"I need to go to her." Nikki said, snapping out of her shock a bit. She looked at Jack. "Stay here please, I'll give you answers later okay?"

Jack nodded, still completely confused by what was happening in front of him.