Chapter Eight

"You okay love?" Jack nuzzled his face into the crook of Nikki's neck as they lay curled up in bed later that night. His arms were wrapped around Nikki's naked body as he pulled her close to his naked body.

"After that shower?" Nikki giggled in his arms and kissed his hand that was intertwined with hers. "I'm more than okay."

Jack chuckled and left a kiss on her neck. "It was pretty amazing, wasn't it?" He felt Nikki nod and kissed her shoulder as he made himself more comfortable. "You were loud, as always."

Nikki giggled and buried her face deeper in her pillow, slightly embarrassed.

"Don't hide yourself Nik, I love it when you're loud, I know I'm doing something right and being rewarded for my hard work." Jack said teasingly.

"Your work?" Nikki giggled. "You sound like you think as yourself as a sex god."

"Well I am, and you my love are a total sex goddess."

Nikki rolled her eyes. "You are so full of yourself."

"I'm so full of love, for you." Jack leaned over her and kissed her lips, declaring his love into the kiss.

Nikki smiled and kissed him back for a few seconds before Jack pulled away and kissed her nose, making Nikki giggle. "I love you Jack."

"I love you too, darlin'," Jack replied. He leaned back and made himself comfortable again, closing his eyes with a sigh of satisfaction. "G'night Niks."

"Night Jack."

...

Mackenzie shot up from the bed. She was sweating and breathing heavily, her eyes burning from the amount of tears that had fell during the horrible nightmare.

She kept on crying for another five minutes before she decided she needed Nikki. Her head was pounding and her wrist was hurting even worse as she had shifted during the nightmare putting all her weight on it.

She stood up from the bed and walked out of the bedroom to go to Jack and Nikki's. She stood still in front of the door, deciding if she should knock or not.

She didn't want to be a burden but deep down she knew without Nikki she wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep again tonight.

Mackenzie let out a long breath, tears were still streaming down her face and her breathing was still heavy as she tried her best to control it.

She lifted her right hand and softly knocked on the bedroom door.

There was no reply, so she tried it one more time a little louder. "Nikki?" She said pleading.

She heard some muffled sounds coming from inside the room and footsteps coming closer to the door. The door openend and Jacks head peeked through, he was wearing a plain white t shirt and grey joggers.

Jacks eyes adjusted to the light in the hallway which was always left on since Mackenzies arrival. He saw her puffy eyes and damp cheeks and immediately felt worried which was reflected in his face.

"Hey Kenzie, you okay?" Jack said in a soft voice.

Mackenzie shook her head. "No, I'm so sorry to bother you, I-I need Nikki."

Jack nodded understanding. "Wait there, I'll get her." With that he closed the door softly and walked to the sleeping form in the bed.

He knelt down next to her and gently stroked her arm. "Nik, love."

Nikki stirred awake and stretched out her arms. She opened her eyes and was met with Jack's loving gaze with a hint of worry there. "What's wrong?" She mumbled.