Three

TW// Blood

The chandelier beautifully adorns the private room of the restaurant. Mile took a deep breath as Anita arrived 30 minutes late and had the audacity to sit and smile at him. The obvious fake smile. She was wearing the designated dress one that Mile recognised deeply, Apo designed the dress. He raised his eyebrow, Anita sheepishly smiled as she felt the attention was on her. Mile only took a second to look before he addressed the young woman to order her food which she gladly chose the expensive dish. When she done, her attention back to the handsome businessman in front of her

“Mile, I am so happy when you said you wanted to meet me. I know you’ll miss me at the end”, she said excitedly. How shameless Mile's thought. He just sighs as the waiter comes and pours wine into their glass. He wait until the waiter left before opened his mouth

“Anita”, he simply said, voice cold as ice. Being an oblivious woman, she just hummed happily and sipped the wine. Irritated, “Our meeting today should be the last. When we first met, I had a vision that you’ll be the one that I ended my single life with. You are indeed pretty, understanding and smart–”, Mile said, Anita smiled at the compliments, completely ignoring the indication of something more would be out from the wealthy man's mouth. 

She cut his speech off, “Mile, we could start over. I know I have crossed the line. It was because I love you”, she said, playing with her perfectly manicured red nails. “I cannot lose you. I made a mistake but I promise I will redeem it. People could change”

Mile sipped his wine, his heart was cold but there was a burning hatred at the woman's nonchalant behaviour. He took a deep breath before he crossed the line of anger “You did the one thing my previous partners shouldn’t do. My mom is my life. I don’t tolerate people doing wrong to her, and you stepped into her safe haven, decided to break into her rooms and stole my grandmother's locket? Something just irredeemable” Mile looked at her with eyes full of rage. He never looked that angry, Anita glup “Truly pathetic”, spite Mile

Anita’s lips tremble, she was trying to make a comeback but Mile distasteful face brings shiver to her spine. She clear he throat, “It was a mistak-”

Mile let out a huff, “I had never been more disappointed”, with eyes full of fire, Mile spitefully warns, “I should have set this boundary since we broke up. Maybe I am too naive and thought you will have some shame”, Mile put cash on the table and took a last gulp of the expensive wine , “Listen Lady, I still have decency to respect you as a woman I once dated and loved. I want to warn you, stop interfering with my life, my family and friends” he said while glaring at the poor frozen woman, then stood up. “or when you meet me next time, you’ll regret it”

He left the place, the time was wasted with that woman he broke up with a few months ago. The headache was starting to form as he let out his anger. He took a deep breath and walked slowly with a bodyguard following his trails. His beating heart was drumming through the ribcage. 

"Please not now," Mile pleaded. 

.

.

.

.

Mile walked into his office without care, being the CEO after years of studying and working was an achievement. People might say that Mile got on the top due to his family businesses. The hard way he went to the top of the business pyramid was easily forgotten by others. 

His surrounding air of gentleness yet strict is the outer layer of his darkness inside. The eerie smile of the woman he once dated hunted him, he knew that smile. She would never leave him peacefully. A person like that was a snake trying to look fragile like a worm. Truly untrusted. Yet again Mile made a mistake.