eleven ♣

"i hate rainy days," jeno scowled, splashing the puddle of rain water in front of him. 

   "don't care, didn't ask."

   donghyuck failed to stifle his giggle at jaemin's response, and mark found himself smiling at the sound alone. despite the rainy weather, it felt good to be out and away from the school. he had to admit, carrying around an umbrella all day wasn't ideal, but really, what could he do? 

   the group of four continued to walk the rest of the way in silence with jaemin in the front. no one actually knew what they were doing since jaemin had decided to keep it a surprise. sounds of rain hitting their umbrellas and sliding down the sides until the water droplets dripped off the edge seemed to be the only thing breaking the peace.

   when the smell of fresh bread and pastries filled their senses, donghyuck looked up, and sure enough, they had approached a small breakfast to lunch cafe. it was pretty clear that this was their first destination considering the way jaemin had told all of them repeatedly to not eat anything before they left. 

   almost on cue, donghyuck's stomach made a small noise to which only mark heard. he chuckled slightly, causing the younger to blush, but didn't say anything otherwise. the four boys messily piled into the petite cafe, shaking off umbrellas at the door and stepping inside. once they were all settled, a waiter approached them holding a notepad. "how many people," the man asked politely. "just four," jaemin replied.

   they were brought to a round table on the left side of the room with a perfect view of all the foods on display. menus were quickly handed out as soon as they sat down. "just let me know when you're ready to order," the waiter said with such a grin that donghyuck decided there couldn't be any real happiness behind it. 

   once the man had retreated towards the kitchen, jaemin cleared his throat dramatically, earning the others' attention. "welcome," he started, "to the best cafe in the area." "pretty impressive," mark noted, glancing around. 

   while the blonde was sitting diagonally across from donghyuck, to the left of jaemin, he couldn't help but wish he was sitting directing infront of him. he was ashamed to admit that he wanted easy access to stare at him. 

   mark was dressed in a black turtle-neck sweater with black skinny jeans to match. the ring necklace that donghyuck distinctively remembered him wearing on the day of entrance hung loosely around his neck. such a simple outfit that he just couldn't get enough of. 

   the sun kissed male only realized he was staring when mark stared directly back at him. that caused him to snap out of it and feel his cheeks warming up. to distract himself and look busy, he finally picked up the menu, scanning the options. "i've been here so many times i can tell you how everything tastes since i know you guys have never been here before," jaemin stated, drawing the attention from mark away from donghyuck and onto him. the ravenette felt like he could breathe again, mentally thanking the youngest there.

   "you know you brought me here already, right?" jeno said, setting down his options for a moment. jaemin groaned, rolling his eyes obviously, "this is why i personally don't recommend friendships that last over ten years." "you've been friends for that long?" donghyuck asked, taken aback. he knew the two were close and almost inseparable, but he'd never known to what extent it really was. 

   jeno let out a sound that felt close to a grunt, "unfortunately even longer." mark nudged jaemin  who had been trying his hardest to look uninterested on the shoulder lightly, "we already know how much you guys actually take pride in your friendship. no need to act like you don't."

   the brunette looked up at jeno, staring at him momentarily, "fine," he sighed. "i mean, jeno isn't the worst person to be friends with." donghyuck caught a glimmer of amusement shine in jeno's eyes before he spoke, "well you are."