Chapter Four

[AUTHOR FROM THE FUTURE HERE AND IM SO SORRY FOR Y'ALL WHO HAD TO ENDURE THE SPELLING MISTAKES I DIDNT BOTHER TO RE-READ BEFORE POSTING BECAUSE I WAS SUPER TIRED ALRIGHT HANDING IT OFF TO AUTHOR FROM THE PAST ENJOY]

[*i kick the door in*]

[*im holding a sign*]

[*it reads 'BACKSTORY TIME'*]

[*i then throw the sign at you like a frisbee, it hits you square in the nose and you pass out immediately*]

Mika's gaze softened. Everything had happened so fast. Chapa became a villain so quickly. The news reports, the emergency calls, all discussing the ex-hero piled up. You would think she was an experienced villain with years of terror under her belt, but the girl sitting in front of her just looked like a regular teenager with a bit of a habit for acting out. But she wasn't a regular teenager, and the denial was beginning to make Mika's eyes water. She blinked until the tears were gone from her eyes, "What...happened to you? What happened to being a hero? How did this all happen so fast?" she asked softly.

Chapa clenched her fists, but Mika could still sense the electricity running through her palms. It leaked out, tracing around her wrists, almost resembling bracelets.  "It was... an accident. A mistake." she sighed, pausing briefly "Ask Trent and Mary and they'll tell you anything but that. Because clearly I planned the whole thing, I coordinated everything to happen! Like I could read the future or something." She started pacing, clearly getting antsy.

Mika watched as the girl walked in a small circle, more electricity leaking out of her palms by the second. She tried to think of a way to calm her down, and settled on standing in front of Chapa, firmly placing her hands on her shoulders, forcing her to stand still. This also forced a bit of uncomfortable eye contact. Mika tried to show she was being serious in wanting to know her side of the story, as she knew the other had minor trust issues.

"You really wanna know my side of the story?" Chapa said, surprised. She hesitated, clearly a little unsure. After a moment, she shrugged "Ah what the hell... things can't get any worse than this."

"You're electricity levels are WAY higher than usual"

Chapa tapped her foot impatiently. She was antsy, and her instinct told her to pace, to move around, but she fought to stay still, as her right arm had a cord wrapped around it, which was hooked up to a machine that Schwoz was carefully inspecting. All she could do was tap her foot and focus on not burning the cord off.

"Can I still fight?" She spat out the words before returning to her one focus, keeping the electricity in. Over the past weeks, she had noticed an incline in the amount of electricity her body was generating. At first, it made for some easy battles. But as time progressed, she noticed just how much electricity she fired at once. She couldn't so much as tease Bose with a light shock without him complaining about the burn for the next few hours. And so, her focus now resided on keeping the electricity in out of fear of hurting the people she cared about.

Schwoz shook his head "I really don't think that's a good idea. It really could be dangerous, and not just for you. It's normal for your powers to grow like this so I really think if you take some time off to rest-" he was cut short by her wincing from pain. Her free hand rushed to her right wrist, gripping tightly. Without permission, the cord that was tied around her right arm short circuited, fizzing and popping as red lightning ran through and charred it entirely. She fell to her knees, groaning as she tried to draw the current back into her body. The lightning never truly left, running up the entirety of her arm.