Chapter 10: Bone Chilling Evil

[Finally got this done, this entire arc has been a pain in the you know what to write, ENJOY!!!]

Three whales loomed above in the sky, seemingly mocking the group's efforts and laughing in their faces. Wilhelm gritted his teeth and punched the ground.

Wilhelm:"You had this the whole time!?"

He yelled to the whale, and of course it did not answer, only continuing to float above the subjugation team, all the men beside Crusch were left with mouths agape and with faces filled with despair, this they never expected, this was an outcome that was definitely not the most favorable. Some dropped their swords, while others curled up into balls

Sans:"God damn it!"

Sans was not taking this too kindly and summoned a volley of bones and three gaster blasters. They fired with ferocity, the bones piercing one of the whales, and the lasers significantly burning it. The whale cried out and started flailing around. Sans let out a huff after that attack.

Wilhelm:"Sans..."

Sans:"Using my magic is quite tiring, Wilhelm, can you distract the whales with Ricardo, I'm going to find a way to take down these things."

Wilhelm:"Of course."

The old butler got up and fetched his sword etched in the ground and began rusing the Whale.

Wilhelm:"Hoaaah!"

He jumped onto one of the whales swooping down and begin slashing away at it, using expert acrobatics and swordsmanship. Ricardo followed and rode his Riger and his squad and laid into the beast.

Sans watched them and then began riding off with his ground dragon towards Crusch's position, and out of nowhere another whale showed up through the fog, Sans shot a large bone at it, the force of the bone skewering the side of its head, making it reel back and go away.

Crusch:"Sans!"

Crusch saw him and followed next to him.

Crusch:"Right now, the situation seems dismal, where's Wilhelm?"

Sans:"He's fighting with Ricardo to distract the Whales."

Crusch:"What's your take Sans, does nothing seem strange to you? There are now three White Whales, if it is actually a mabeast that lives in groups, how have we not known that by now?"

Sans:"right, and I think I know exactly what's going on here."

Crusch:"You do?"

Sans nodded and pointed to where the White Whales were. They both stopped their ground dragons.

Sans:"Look, there's three, but only the bottom two are fighting, while that one stays at the top."

Crusch:"Ok, but there's still three whales to kill."

Sans:"No, Just one."

As Sans declared his idea, one of the Whales came before them, Crusch the tip of her sword.

Crusch:"Fire!"

She ordered the mages, but they didn't fire, she looked back to them to see them trembling in fear.

Crusch:"Fire I said!"

The whale continued to approach, Crusch grit her teeth and swung her sword unleashing multiple wind strikes at the whale, pushing it back. Sans also followed and fired a large bone under it from the ground, it skewered the bottom chin of the whale, making it fall back.

Sans:"Crusch, I have a plan!"

Crusch:"Ok, shoot"

Sans:"I'm going to get onto the top whale and lure it down, and then drop the entire flugels tree on it."