Slumber Party

The summer had been very rewarding. It has flown by almost as fast as Freshman year, and by the end, you and Wyatt were closer than ever. Despite not having much alone time, (after the two of you finally went on your first date, your friends felt pretty accomplished with themselves) the two of you managed to strengthen your relationship.

There was only one problem. Neither of you had made a move past that.

So, here you sat, at your desk in your room, half past 6pm, doodling initials in your old algebra notebook like a 5th grader. Sighing, you put your pencil down. It was the last official day of summer and tomorrow was going to be the very first day of your senior year. After this year, your future would be set in stone; and you still had no idea what you wanted to do afterwards.

Most of your peers had already decided on their career paths; most of them were aspiring lawyers, financialists (probably not a real word don't quote me), and teachers who would probably never leave Seabrook.

Addison wanted to go into performing arts; Mountain College has a very good dance program. Addison had applied over the summer and got accepted the week before school started.

Eliza was interning Z-Corp., racking up college credits so she could major in programming.

Zed was even going to be able to apply through a scholarship; or so he'd hoped. Really, everyone hoped; it would be a HUGE step for zombie-kind.

But you, you had no clue. [y'all should place some votes in the comments on your college major]

You closed the notebook on your desk and leaned back in your chair, mentally checking off everything you had needed to do over summer.

You'd finished all of your summer reading, answered all of your emails, applied to schools that had the option to change majors, answered all of your text messages for the day...

You shrugged and went over to your backpack, which you opened, dumped, and reorganized. For the tenth time.

Then your phone rang. You picked it up swiftly. "Hello??"

"Hey, Y/n! Ready to kick butt at the away game next Friday?" Addison said, excitedly from the other end.

"They've set up a game already? School hasn't even started!" You responded, tucking your phone between your ear and shoulder.

"Yeah... Apparently the Eels weren't too happy about the end of last season, so they 'challenged us'." She said dramatically.

"Oh wait are we gonna be at that one too?" You shoved your pencil box back into your bag.

Addison (rather aggressively) sighed. "Yeah... I've got some ideas though, so, don't worry. It's gonna be great."

You picked up the phone from between your ear and shoulder and held it with your hand.

"Oh! I almost forgot... How could I? I cut my hair! I think it looks super cute... Can I send you a pic?" Addison said, excited again.

"Sure." Your phone pinged and you looked at your messages, to see Addison's face with a bright smile and shoulder length curls framing her face.

"Aww you look adorable Addi!" You squeal.

You felt her cringing from a mile away. "Yeah, yeah. Thank you."

You smiled. "Hey, I know we have school tomorrow... But do you think we could have a sleepover? Just because... It's our last day of summer."

"Yes! Oh my gosh! I'll tell my parents! I'll get snacks ready too! Be here in 20 okay?" She exclaimed.

Then the line went dead. You shook your head, grinning, and began packing your overnight bag. As your hand brushed your sketchbook, an electrical current rushed through your fingertips. You yanked your hand back abruptly, staring in shock.

You stared at it for a moment before testing the cover. No shock; but there was a buzz. You picked up your pencil and flipped to an empty page.

You sat down. Mindlessly, your hand scrawled across the page in aggressive jolts. Then your eyes rolled into the back of your head and you saw a scene before you.

A holographic blue screen, hovering over a table with white, metal. There were little orbs placed in front of you, like a computer keyboard.

In seconds it was over and the image was copied on the piece of paper. Your eyes went back to normal and you let out a breath as you dropped the pencil.

You stared at the image for a moment, scrunching your face. You ripped the page from the book and rushed over to your wall, grabbing a tack from your junk drawer. You made a mental note to buy more that week.

You carefully hung the sketch up, feeling the electric buzz die slowly the further your grasp became.

You quickly finished packing your bag, hastily put on your new leather boots that Wyatt had made (yes, made) for you a month ago and scribbled a note for your dad.

You couldn't tell if you were moving fast because of the drawing or because you were excited to see your best friend. Either way, you were seeing your best friend!

In 15 minutes, you knocked on the door. Mrs. Wells answered; you braced yourself for the likely unnecessary conversation to follow.

"Y/n! Glad you could join us, tonight! Addison's just up in her room. I'm finishing up a meatloaf in the oven." Mrs. Wells smiled sweetly as she stepped aside.

Caught momentarily off guard by this (definitely not normal) interaction, you paused. In the same moment, though, your brain rewired and you made your way up to Addi's room.

You held your hand up, poised to knock, but stopped. Suddenly you felt something... Looming. A chill reverberated through your body as a feeling of sadness and hopelessness overcame you. Just as you felt the pinprick of tears in your eyes, the door swung open, snapping you out of your haze.

"Oh! Geez! You scared me, y/n." Addison said, bringing her hand up to her forehead, covering her eyes.

You took the moment to shake your head and blink a couple times. You smiled at her. "Yeah, I know I'm a little early. I was just way too excited. I'm still kind of nervous though... Y'know... About school. Senior year is insane."

Addison giggled. "Here, you can put your bag over there." She pointed to the corner of the room.

A sly smile crossed your face as you opened your hand around the strap of the bag and led it gently through the air to the spot.

Once it landed on the floor, Addison gently punched your arm. "Show off."

The two of you shared a laugh.

"Girls! Dinner's ready!" Mrs Wells yelled from the kitchen.

The two of you rushed down, in a race, anticipating a lecture at the bottom of the staircase. But you didn't care; you were happy to spend every possible moment with Addison before she went away. Even if there was a huge possibility you were going with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n:

I know this is a pretty lame place to stop but I figured I owe you guys lol.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, let me know what y'all would like to do at this sleepover, what y/n should do for college, and if it's not too much to ask, I'd like for all my gay girlies to check out my Julie x Reader fic. I haven't updated super recently, but the lack of attention is demotivating tbh.

Next part out as soon as possible!

Thank you, as always, for being so so patient with me. Love youuuu!!

P.s. if you saw the other title, no you didn't.

-Kady