Chapter 3.

Some frantic knocking on my door had me jumping up, right out of the comfort of my bed and straight to the living room. To say I'm shocked is the least. Not once since the 6 months I've been living here had I had someone at my door. Unless that one time I ordered a take out. Let's say that didn't turn out okay. The guy was a huge ass, not to mention annoying. You see, I had to take out more garbage than just the left overs. Another knock made me snap out of my thoughts, this time, you could feel the urgency of that person as their knocks now were more constant and loud.

"God, I'm coming!", I yelled as the pit of my stomach started feeling uneasy.

The knocks stopped and I hesitantly moved my hand up the door knob, opening up to reveal the mop head of that one curly boy, eyeing me with a rather happy grin on his face.

"You", we both said at the same time.

"Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is fate", he started before I cut him.

"What on earth are you doing here?"

"You got yourself a new attractive neighboor, you didn't know?"

My face held an unreadable expresion, making a 'I couldn't care less' look and he seemed to notice as his face fell and looked on the ground. We were sitting like that for a while before he cleaned his throat.

"I hate to break it you that way", he finally said, "I'd rather see the look on your face when we'd bump into each other"

"I'd know better so I'd ignore you", I smiled.

"You sure know how to hurt someone's feelings, princess"

Princess? Where did that come from? Why did that make me get that weird feeling? It's been just one day and that boy is already screaming trouble.

"You would know", I said getting quite impatient. I bet my bed isn't that warm anymore. "What do you want, anyway?"

"Feisty. I wanted to introduce myself to my new neighbor - not so new now that I'm thinking about it, considering I already know you, get it?", he chuckled at his own joke. Does he always talk that much?

"Ah. Are you done?"

He grimaced, my answer coming out more biased and cold than itended.

"That's all", he scratched the back of his head, "Yeah, that's all"

With that, he turned around and left only turning back to give me a slight nod before storming in his apartment. Right across mine.

Throwing myself back in bed, the morning light was hitting on my face but at that moment I couldn't care less. All I could think about was that maybe I was too harsh with Harry. He was just trying to be hostile after all. He said he just moved here giving out a reason behind that accent. What brought him here? Was it college or something he had to get away fromAnd why do you even care?, my subconscious spoke up. I don't. I'm just curious. Right?

I don't even know how I got here. Currently standing in the hall, facing his old wooden door. In the first time in forever I felt such thing as guilt. Guilt for being the grumpy neighbor and practically kicking him out my apartment. This is it, you either knock or walk the fuck back into your safe lane. You can do it, I remind myself.

I take a deep breath and knock on his door. Seconds later, the door opens and a shirtless Harry appears. Shirtless. Shit. There were a couple of sweat droplets all over his face, some making their way down his toned chest which is covered with a butterfly. That was not the only ink on his body, though. Who knew he'd be covered in tattoos.

"Elly?", he spoke out, "Is there something wrong?", worry evident in his tone. A slight smirk also but I guess that's his thing. Never goes away.

"I, uh, I wanted to apologize for being that blunt earlier?", it came out more like a question and I mentally cursed at myself. He chuckled at my uneasiness and moved to the side so now his back was leaning against the wall next to his door.

"Do you deserve my forgivness? I mean, you stood me up last night and now this. How do you plan on making up, Mrs Elly?"

He's trying to pull on the serious act but his tone came out more playful. I could feel the enthusiasm that was all over him. I laughed. A real laugh as he narrowed his eyes at me, waiting for an answer.

"Well, me being here right now, apologising to you out of everyone is something. Take that or leave", I chimed.

"Me out of everyone? You fail at being nice"

"You fail at pretending to be offended"

"Touche"

And we laughed.

"Woul you wanna come over? It's kinda messy, though, I just got here this morning and I-", he started rambling.

"No, no it's okay. I got a, uh, job to do". Well not really. But let's do baby steps.

"I'll see you around, neighbor", he smirked and run his hand through his messy hair. Damn, if that wasn't hot. Wait, what?

"Laters, neighbor".