--♤--1--♤--

Sitting in a car with two women driving to an airport.

Lovely...

My twin sister Bella, is a sheep. She always has to do whatever I'm doing. And shes always moving and stuttering all the time. I love her, but I can't really stand her sometimes.

My mother Renee turned to us.

"You know you two don't have to go through with this."

Of course, we have to do this. You just want to go run off with your boyfriend, Phil. There is barely any food at home and all you care about is making Phil happy. Nothing against Phil, he's a good guy, but what choice do we have?

What choice do I have?

I rolled my eyes, the only thing that you can see with my parka hiding most of my face.

I don't really like showing my face. It's not because I'm ugly or anything... it's just that I feel vulnerable when my face is in view, that people can see what I feel or what I think.

As the car stopped, I stepped out. Not wanting to hear another word as Bella follows suit. I get my stuff and head inside of the airport again with Bella right up my ass. We boarded the plane and set off to Forks, Washington. It's gonna be a long plane ride. I laid back and closed my eyes, waiting for this damn loud plane to land.

--♤--

Stepping into the airport, a man stepped in front of us. He was our father. I have forgotten what he looked like. Ever since I was forced to stop coming here because our parents didn't want me to leave behind Bella. I always have to sacrifice everything for her. I liked it here, I didn't want to leave.

"Hello, uh- William." My father tried. He is still getting used to me being trans. At least he tries, better than Renee just ignoring it.

I nodded, not being one for words.

"You were always the quiet one."

Oh no, really? I haven't noticed.

"Welp, let's get to the car so we can go home."

On the way to the house it was awkward. Dad tried to talk to Bella, trying to make conversation. The poor man was failing miserably. I want to help him out, but no one deserves to be graced with the sound of my voice.

I looked out of the car's window. Everything is gray and green. I missed it here. I hated the sunshine in Phoenix. Too bright. It hurt my eyes every time that I went outside. I like the darker areas of the world. Places that I don't have to interact with anybody...

A place where I could be me.

--♤--

We made it home, the same house from the early parts of my life. Two bedrooms. One for dad and the one I will have to share with Bella.

Great... no privacy. Looking forward to that.

We got out and took our things to the house and into the room. Setting things on my bed. Looking around the room, I could feel nostalgia hit. Good to be home.

--♤--

Awhile later Billy, our father's friend stopped by with his son Jacob. Who only tried to impress Bella and did all that weird eye fucking. I forgoten how weird he was.

It was another awkward interaction. Dad had bought a truck from Billy since he is in a wheel chair and can no longer use his legs. I like the truck it's the only thing that pulled on my heart strings.

--♤--

After they left, I lay back in bed wondering how school is gonna go tomorrow.

"Hey William?"

I looked towards Bella who sat on her bed on the other side of the room.

"You wanna drive tomorrow?"

I nodded, getting up. I went into the bathroom got ready for bed. I could hear the howling rain pelting the roof of the house.

Bella was already passed out as I came out of the bathroom, I climbed in bed to rest. Because God knows I'm not ready for tomorrow.