Fake

FAKE

Sydney Mercer

Sydney is 20 years old, born on April 30th, 2002. She's one year younger than her brother, Dawson Mercer. She's spent her entire life around hockey, and has grown to love the sport. She spends a lot of time at the Devils' practices and never misses a game, most of the time being in attendance. She's pretty close with her brother's teammates, as well. Sort of like a second family to her.

Sydney Mercer, sister of the New Jersey Devil Dawson Mercer finds herself in a tough position. In order for her ex-boyfriend to leave her alone, she needs him to think she has a boyfriend. Her brother Dawson finds out about this problem she has and gets NHL breakout star and teammate of his, Jack Hughes to fake date his sister. What happens when things go too far?

Shay Rodolph as Sydney Mercer

20 • TaurusContact Name Sydney | Syd :)Instagram @sydney

20 • Taurus
Contact Name Sydney | Syd :)
Instagram @sydney.mercer

Jack Hughes

Jack is on his third year in the NHL. He was a first overall draft pick, and one of the best centers in the league right now. He's pretty popular too, not just because of how good he plays. His green eyes and brown hair make him pretty popular with the puck bunnies as well. But the truth is, he's only ever had his eyes on one girl, Sydney Mercer.

So, when he gets the opportunity to date her, even if it's fake, why would he pass up the opportunity? Something he never expected occurs, and possibly the fake dating isn't so fake anymore?

Jack Hughes as Jack Hughes

21 • TaurusContact Name Jack | J <3Instagram @jackhughes

21 • Taurus
Contact Name Jack | J <3
Instagram @jackhughes

OTHER CHARACTERS

DAWSON MERCER AS HIMSELF
NEW JERSEY DEVILS AS THEMSELVES
OTHER NHL PLAYERS AS THEMSELVES
JACOB ELORDI AS JOSH FOX

PLAYLIST

GOLDEN
-HARRY STYLES

ADORE YOU
-HARRY STYLES

SATELLITE
-HARRY STYLES

HALLEY'S COMET
-BILLIE EILISH

I DIDN'T CHANGE MY NUMBER
-BILLIE EILISH

THIS IS WHAT THE DRUGS ARE FOR
-GRACIE ABRAMS

MR. PERFECTLY FINE
-TAYLOR SWIFT

STYLE
-TAYLOR SWIFT

GORGEOUS
-TAYLOR SWIFT

CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT
-TAYLOR SWIFT

I THINK HE KNOWS
-TAYLOR SWIFT

END GAME
-TAYLOR SWIFT

THE 1
-TAYLOR SWIFT

ALL OF THE GIRLS YOU LOVED BEFORE
-TAYLOR SWIFT

FEATHER
-SABRINA CARPENTER

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
-TATE MCRAE

CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU
-FRANKIE VALLI

IN BETWEEN
-GRACIE ABRAMS

DISCLAIMERS & FACTS

This story is subject and most likely to include sensitive topics. As I haven't started writing this yet, I don't know what they will be but the chances are likely. Compared to previous books I've written, chances of those being written are likely. Such as, anxiety, depression, death, insecurity, eating disorders.

I don't own the characters in this story except for Sydney, the idea of her is completely my own. I do like to get inspiration from songs or movies I've seen but I'm not outright copying her from anyone else.

If you see a spelling or grammar error, leave a comment next to it so that I can see it. I don't proof read my chapters before they get uploaded, so if there is a mistake, please let me know!

Don't be afraid to comment and vote! I love reading the comments about the characters and events that take place, but when you comment keep in mind I'm a real person with real feelings so please don't hate on me for anything. If you do hate, I'll either ignore it, cry about it, or respond but please don't hate on me. Feel free to comment how you feel about certain characters though!

PSA: pay attention to the tiny details they come into play later on in the story. Along with the chapter names and dates. The plot line lines up with the actual games the Devils play but some things that happen in the game may be different.