002

THE PLAN
Dawson's Point of View

I have the perfect person in mind to fake date Syd. I planned on going to his house today anyway, so I might as well ask him while I'm there.

Once I get to his house, I let myself in, his door was unlocked. It's actually unlocked more often than it should be.

"Bro, you escaped before the locker room interviews. How'd you pull that off?" He asks me as I sit down on the couch.

"It's a talent of mine, truly." I say. "Just hurry up next time."

"So.. I uh have a question to ask you." I say. He nods at me, giving me the go ahead to ask.

"How much do you know about my sister?" I ask
him.

"Not much.. why?"

"She has this crazy ex, Josh. And he will not leave her alone, but he would if she got a boyfriend." I say. Hopefully he sees where I'm going with this.

"And you what me to fake date her?" He says. I'm a little shocked that he understood that fast, though. "I watch movies, ya know."

"Yeah."

"Okay." He replies. I thought I would have to do a lot more convincing than that.

"Here's a few things you need to know about her though." I say. "She loves Taylor Swift, Harry Styles, reading, mainly romance novels."

"That's all easy stuff." He says.

"That means her standards are high. Very, Very high." I say.

"But we're only doing this to get that ex off her back, I don't actually need to charm her." He says.

"Social media posts, that'll make it more believable." I say.

"Is Syd even on board with this?" He asks me.

"Yeah, she is. Don't worry, dude. You'll only have to fake date for a couple of weeks and then you'll be in the clear. And besides, you already know her, things won't even be awkward." I say.

"What if things are awkward after? We might have to kiss for a picture or something." He says.

"Stage kisses aren't awkward. You'll be fine, Jack." I say.

"So then we stage a breakup after?" He asks.

"Mmm... I didn't think about that part yet." I say.

"Typical of you. That's one of the most crucial parts. Have you thought about how we started either?" I don't say anything, and that gives him the answer he assumed. "You probably should've work this out with her first."

"Or... you two can work it out." I say. "She's not busy right now, and she's at her apartment, most likely reading."

"So I just pop up and be like, 'hey fake girlfriend! let's sort out the arrangements of our relationship on this fine evening!'" He says.

"Pretty much, yeah." The face he gives me tells me he wasn't being serious.

"Okay, I think I got something." I say. "I introduced you to her a month or two ago and you guys started talking about hockey and it blossomed from there."

"That's actually... not a bad idea." He says.

"Yeah, I know. I'm always full of amazing ideas, thanks." I say. "Anyways, for the breakup-"

"Maybe we should wait to figure that part out." He says. Why'd he get weird all of a sudden?

"....Okay." I say. The breakup is probably one of the most important parts of the plan, and he doesn't want to figure that out right now. Doesn't that seem weird?