007

KISS ME
Sydney's Point of View

I woke up with a headache around 10, dinner is at 6, so I'll get there around 5. That means I need to leave at 4:30. So I'll start getting ready at 2:00 since I plan on showering. That means I need to eat at 11 so I'm hungry at dinner time but not too hungry.

I put some socks on because I hate cold feet. I grab my phone, and luckily everything from last night calmed down.

I get out eggs, avocado, bread and apple juice. I make the eggs and once they are almost done I make the toast and put the avocado on it.

I season it, along with the eggs. I sit down at the island and have a peaceful morning to myself. Most of my mornings are go, go, go but sometimes I enjoy the slow moments, just me enjoying some peace and quiet, it gives my brain a break.

And I definitely need that because my brain will be going insane later today. All we'll have to do is maybe hold hands or something, that shouldn't be too bad, right? At least we don't have to kiss.

Once I finish eating, it's 11:45, I have some time to kill before I have to get ready. I call Steph, we haven't talked in a while and the Maple Leafs won yesterday.

"Hey, Syd!" Steph says once she answers the phone. "Is that Sydney?" I hear in the background, it's most likely Mitch.

"Hi, guys." Mitch appears next to Steph on the screen.

"Congrats on the win last night, nice assist." I say.

"Thanks." He says.

"So... you and Jack?" Steph says.

"Yeah, we haven't really spread the news yet. It's all still really new. We're having dinner with his parents tonight." I say.

"Well congrats!" Mitch says.

"Thanks, guys." We talk on the phone about mainly hockey for a little while longer. I still have a lot of time to kill, about an hour and a half.

-

I sit around until it's time to start getting ready. I grab my robe and make my way to the shower. I connect my bluetooth speaker to my phone. I click on my shower playlist and turn the water on.

"Don't blame me, love made me crazy if it doesn't you ain't doin' it right." I hate washing my hair but I haven't washed it in three days and it'll get too greasy if I don't.

After my shower I put my robe on and pin my hair up with a claw clip. I chose to wear a short sleeve green leather jacket, a plain white shirt underneath and some light wash jeans.

 I chose to wear a short sleeve green leather jacket, a plain white shirt underneath and some light wash jeans

I let my hair air-dry, which creates a little bit of waves. I put on white converse for shoes, a silver chain for jewelry, clear mascara and a little bit of blush for makeup. I finish it off with some clear lipgloss, too.

I'm right on time with my self-made schedule, and start to head out the door. I text Jack that I'm on my way and he responds with a thumbs up and his address.

"Hey, girlfriend." He says when I arrive at his house. His house is very nice, similar to Dawson's. He's wearing a dark gray shirt with some dark wash jeans.

"Do you need me to help with anything?" I ask. I smell food in what I assume is the kitchen. I think it's some sort of pasta.

"Nope, everything is done. My parents are on their way." He says.

"So... game plan?" I ask.

"Always need a plan?" He asks me. I nod. "We don't really have to do much, I'm sure they'll like you. Maybe we'll just hold hands, we shouldn't have to do anything other than that."

"What if we have to k-" There's a knock on the door. I guess we aren't figuring this out now. I'm thankful for my peaceful morning, because know I'm nervous. At least we don't have to kiss.

"Hi, mom, dad." Jack says opening the door for his parents. His face lights up when he sees them, I know he doesn't seem them a lot and he seems like a family guy.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Hughes." I say.

Like every typical movie, Mrs. Hughes says, "Oh, please call me Erin, hunny." She brings me in for a hug.

"You can call me Jim." Jack's father states.

"Is that spaghetti I smell in there, son?" Jim asks, Jack nods and I assume we're going to the dining room now.

"I'll make the plates." Jack says. Jim and Ellen take a seat next to each other, the seat beside me being left open for Jack.

"So, Sydney. How did you meet Jack?" Erin asks.

I take a sip of my water before answering. "We met through my brother, Dawson. We hit it off from there." I say.

"What are some of your interests?" Jim asks. I feel like I'm at an interview.

"Hockey, big Devils fan. And I really enjoy reading, too." I say. "I have a library room at my house."

"I know you haven't been dating for very long, but do you plan on moving in together?" Jim asks.

"Oh, uh-"

"Dad." Jack comes back with four plates of pasta, it actually looks really good. He sets a plate in front of us three and sits down with his.

"Sydney was just telling us about how you two hit it off." Ellen says.

"Yeah, we met through Dawson and I asked her out on a date. I didn't think she would even say yes, but here we are." He says. He looks at me with a smile and grabs my hand that's on the table. I smile back like a couple would.

We talk about his family and mine for the rest of dinner, and it was probably the best spaghetti I've ever eaten.

Other than holding hands, we haven't really acted like a couple that much and I think his mom is catching on.

We haven't cleared the plates yet, we've just been talking, but I've been getting a weird feeling from Ellen.

Ellen and Jim were talking now, about who knows what.

"Ellen's on to us." I whisper to him. I look at his parents.

"You think?" I nod slightly.

"We have to kiss." I whisper. "Make it believable." I whisper to him. "Kiss me like you love me."

"Like I have to try." It was just a small peck, but I know they definitely saw it. That's not what I'm worried about though, I'm still thinking about what he said. Did he mean to say that out loud?

Although I'm in complete and utter shock right now, I have to act like this is normal. "I'll clear the table." I say standing up from my chair.

"Do you want me to help, Syd?" Jack asks me.

"No," I say. "I got it. Thank you, though." I take the plates and go into the kitchen. I find the sink and place them in there.

I collect my thoughts before leaving the kitchen, they aren't in the dining room anymore.

They're by the door. "It was great to meet you both." I say with a smile.

"Thank you for having us." Ellen says. She gives me another hug before her and Jim leave. I guess she's the hugger type.

"Come on." Jack says putting his shoes on and grabbing a jacket.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i wasn't gonna upload this today but the devils won and jack broke the single season point record with 97 points and it was luke's nhl debut so a big day for the hughes family