Floral Daze! CHAPTER 2

I feel myself suddenly, but slowly waking up. I open my eyes slowly and stare at the ceiling. For some reason, I've got an amazing feeling off the top of my head. It feels really nice, but I don't know what it is. I place my hand on top of my head and feel another hand there. "Good morning sleepyhead." It was my master petting me again. I put my hand away and stretch my arms out. "Good morning master," I say slurring my speech a bit. "You don't have to call me master, you know that right?" I look back up at him confused. "Hm?" He shakes his head at me. "I have a name too you know." "O-oh. Isn't appropriate that I call you master though?" He stops petting me and leans over to turn on a lamp. "It's normal for most people, but you can still call me by my name. I don't mind if you choose not to." Now that he mentions it, it is kind of strange that I don't know his real name after all this time. "What is your name master?" I ask curiously. He hops out of bed and reaches his hand out to me. I take his hand and he slowly lifts me out of bed. "It's Ace." "Ace," I say quietly to myself, so quiet he doesn't hear me. I didn't know my master had such a nice name. "Okay, I'll call you Ace from now on. If I can remember." He looks at me with a comforting smile. I smile back. "Good." He says softly. He lets go of my hand and turns to our door. "Let's go get some breakfast."

We down the hall with all of the hotel rooms and we walk into a small little room with tables and breakfast food. We find a tablet with two chairs and Ace instructs me to stay at the table. I quietly wait for him at the table, and we just so happened to sit at a table next to a window. It catches my attention, and I look out of it to see the sky. He returns a few minutes later with a full pallet of food. It distracts me from the window very easily. "Alright Camellia. Here is our food." I stare at the food in shock. "M-master?" I forgot to call Ace by his name, so I correct myself. "Ah- I mean, Ace?" "Hm?" He seems confused by my concern. "We don't need this much food." He chuckles at me. "It'll be fine, we might as well eat as much as we want." He sets the food down and I take a chance to get a better look. There's the food of all kinds. There are waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, and a whole bunch more. If all looks and smells delicious. "What are you waiting for? My master starts grabbing an assortment of different food. I notice a plate of crepes, and I grab one. I also grab a fork and a glass of milk. I take a small bite out of it, it tastes amazing! I'm not very surprised though. I start eating and grab another plate. I eat much slower compared to Ace. Ace is practically eating like he hasn't eaten in years. I stare at him with concern. He notices me staring at him. "What?" He says with no shame whatsoever. "Erm... you're eating kind of fast." He wipes his face with a napkin. At least he has manners. "I know! This food is all so delicious, it's hard not to eat fast." I smile at him and go back to eating my food.

Suddenly, someone walks up to Ace. "Hey, are you new here?" Ace immediately stops eating, and he looks up at me like he's caught off guard. I look away from him and look at where the voice is coming from. It's a nice-looking lady. She's wearing an apron and has a Lurantis following behind her. Ace clears his throat. "Mhm, I and Camellia are staying here for the week." He looks over at me again. "Oh, I see! I noticed because I've never seen a Meowscarada around here." She sticks her hand out to me and then jerks it back. "May I?" She asks Ace he looks at her, then back at me, and back at her again. "Of course!" She puts her hand on my head and starts petting it. Why does everyone pat me on the head so often I wonder to myself? But I don't mind, I shift myself upward leaning closer to her hand. "Awwww, so cute!" I can't help but smile again. She then starts rubbing the face some more. "He's amazing isn't he?" Says ace almost teasing. The lady stops petting me and starts talking to Ace. "I think you'll love it here. This place is really nice." "Oh, I've heard! We've already been amazed by how pretty it is here. " They both start rambling about things in the town, but I don't pay attention to it. Instead, I notice the Lurantis staring at me. I wave at them and they wave back. They point to the window outside. I look out there and notice that there's a door that leads outside. I think they want me to follow them out there. So I stand up and slowly walk behind them. They open the door and lead me outside. I step into the grass and start soaking in the sun. There's a lot more than just sky here. There's a small little pond and some trees. "It's nice out here isn't it?" I'm caught off guard by the voice behind me. It's the Lurantis. I look back and they're staring at the pond. "Y-yes. It is quite nice." They slowly walk toward the pond and sit next to it.